New Puppy Owners

dooleydog

Hello everyone from Dooley and his new family! We adopted a little boy dachshund over the weekend and know we are in for a wonderful adventure. I am so fully of questions because we want to the take best possible care of our new family member and make sure he and us are both happy and comfortable with each other. We have started kennel/crate training and he is doing fairly well. He is a real cuddle bug and my 17 year old son (who has always wanted a dog) is loving it. Any tips, advise, knowledge would be most appreciated. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Penny

Wow! Big CONGRATS to you and your family, and to Dooley!
I sure hope you can figure out how to post photos because we would love to see Dooley!
You are on the right track with getting the crate training started. I hope that when he goes for a car ride that he will travel in a crate as well. It will keep him safe if there's ever an accident. You can put his info on the crate, vet phone #, plus the instructions to DO NOT OPEN THE CRATE, take directly to the vet's office or home. (Gee, that should be it's own thread, huh? lol)

Wishing Dooley many healthy, happy, and wonderful years with you.

dooleydog

Penny ~

Dooley does ride in his crate when he is in the car. Great idea on putting the information on the crate. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Doxmom

Hi from your neighbor to the South, and congrats on the new addition. He will make you laugh with his antics! Bree is my first doxie, too, and I don't know how I lived this long without one!!

dooleydog

Thanks Nikki ~ we are already in love with Dooley ~ he is just adorable and full of personality. Any help, hints, advice would be greatly appreciated. This is a whole new adventure for use, but what is life without adventures!