New to forum

MJplus3

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I currently have 3 dogs, all females. I have a chinese shar-pei, and 2 chihuahuas. One of my chihuahuas is my medical service dog and the other one I recently adopted from the Humane Society I volunteer at. I adopted her 3 months ago, she has been abused by her previous owner and had a broken rib that did not receive medical care. She was also thrown outside as an outside dog. I thought her training and recovery would be difficult and slow. I was wrong! She at first was so afraid of everyone except me. But now she is a happy little girl loving the indoor life and lots of snuggles. I feed all of my dogs the Prey Model Raw diet. I only work 16 hours a week outside of home and I do dog training on the side as well. I am married and have no children and my husband and I are active people. We hike and camp a few times a year and walk alot (I dont drive.) Thats a little bit about my pets and me..so now to why I am here:

I just found out yesterday that I will be getting a dachshund puppy. :D I have never owned a dachshund but I recently trained a little 3 month old mini femal dachshund. Last year I began doing extensive research on the dachshund breed and decided that this in fact is the breed I think will suit my family well. I know a wonderful lady who is a small private breeder and she lives about 3 hours away from me. She only homes her puppies to people she knows and keeps her breeding small scale. I am very excited! The dam of my puppy is a longhaired dapple and the Sire is a smooth haired black and tan. The puppies are due to be born soon and then I will see photos and choose my new member to my family. The breeder raises her pups inside her home as part of the family, this is very important to me.

I look forward to getting to know everyone on this forum :)

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Welcome! and welcome to the world of Doxies! They are awesome little dogs! Just a word of the wise... Housetraining a Doxie isn't always easy :)

MJplus3

Hey Deaf Dogs, I know you from another forum! I remember little Mouse doing att her adorable tricks :) nice to see you.