Long Haired Dachshund owner.

Lovebug219

Hello,

I have a seven year old long haired, standard sized dacshund, named Prince. I decided to come here to network with other doxie and dog lovers!
Here's his pics

First Day we had him

Few Months

Two Years Old

Most Recent

Last edited:

cinnadip

welcome to the forum. I can not wait to see pics of your dog I have always wanted a long haird dachshund but have not found one yet but i have a male not sure what color he would be called he is brown with kinda a cream color patches through out his coat and my little girl was a mini black n brown but she is not longer with us :(

Inkeri

Hello and welcome!
I have 2 year old longhaired dachshund and 7 month old german shepherd mix.

cinnadip

lol thats what my dad said he is but he also sasid my said my horse was which he is an Appaloosa so didnt really listen to him lol

Lovebug219

Hello, I have a longhaired standard to namned Alf. We got him two years ago. I couldnt imagin how much I could love him! :)
Oh cute doxie! He is similar in color to mine. Yours might have a bit more red in his fur, then mine but it also depends on the lighting. Sometimes I can see allot of the Red in Prince's fur.

Last edited:

ktshickle

DoxieLover
Cinnedip, does he have blue eyes? Allot of Dapples have blue eyes as well. I don't think all do though.
Frankie is a long hair dapple. Only a quarter of one of his eyes is blue. A friend of mine has one that he said only had a little blue but now its all blue. I've heard in a few places that It's a common trait. And LoveBug, Prince is sooo cuuute!

Lovebug219

Frankie is a long hair dapple. Only a quarter of one of his eyes is blue. A friend of mine has one that he said only had a little blue but now its all blue. I've heard in a few places that It's a common trait. And LoveBug, Prince is sooo cuuute!

I have also seem many dapples with one brown eye and one blue eye, as well as both eyes having mixed colors, like your friends dog used to have.

Last edited:

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Blue eyes are common in Dapples and Double Dapples. They eyes aren't technically blue though, they're diluted. The random dilution gene that causes the lighter patches in a dapple, also affects the eyes. so there is no way to prevent a dapple from having blue or parti eyes. It is not considered undesirable, and is perfectly acceptable in a single dapple in the show ring (Doubles cannot be shown)