reverse sneezing

Kitaku

My dog has been doing this a few times, weird sneezing/retching sound, i've done research online and seen a few videos and that is what he has cause he's all happy, walking and like usual when he does it. I was wondering if someone's dachsund does the same once in a while. Could be cat hair that gets stuck in his nose. anybody has an idea how to clean/check if he has something stuck up there? They have such long noses you never know.

KristaJR

My 13 1/2 year old has done this since she was a puppy. Sometimes it seems more frequent than other times but does not seem to cause any other problems.

Inkeri

My dachsie does that too. :) Usually it's nothing serious, but it might also be a sign of a nose-mite (is that what it is called in english??). So if he does it often, you should take him to see the vet and have him checked. :)

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Mouse and Boo both do it. Mouse used to do it all the time when she was eating, but I was able to solve that by floating her kibble in water (now all my dogs get that) She also does it if she pulls too much on her collar, so she wears a harness. so mostly, she doesn't do it anymore. Boo, however, does it when he gets excited sometimes, and he can't seem to stop it on his own. I have to distract him or even, in extreme cases, plug his nose. Thankfully, that doesn't happen often.