Pregnancy Week by Week

Nikky5000

It finally came it is perfect. I just used it and Drum roll............... I heard heartbeats :D they were strong and fast. I am so happy I know there is at least 4 or 5 at most 6 or 7 :D. I am on cloud 9 It worked great I found the heartbeats right away :D I recommend this to all breeders it is a lot cheaper than a ultrasound you can listen to the puppies anytime you want :cool: After the dam whelps you can use it to make sure there are no more puppies inside. Great device for breeders. 100 thumbs up :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Nikky5000

I just got Starr to eat a real meal :D. Her morning sickness has been very bad she hasn't wanted to eat much this pregnancy :(. She's had all kinds of cravings. She ate over a half of a can of food some french fries and some treats :). Hope the morning sickness is behind us. ;)

Nikky5000

Hi everyone I don't know if you would be interested but I recorded a doppler session with Starr and actually got some of the heartbeats recorded. Let me know if you want to hear the unborn puppies heartbeats. :)

Nikky5000

I just felt a puppy :eek: I was checking mom to see if she had any milk yet she doesn't then I felt something kicking I put my hand on her belly and the puppy was kicking me and moving. So she must be futher a long or this is a big litter. Counting from her first tie she is only 35 days. So we are thinking she is going to have the puppies the first week of May probably so another 2½ to 3 weeks we will have puppies.:eek: I have to get ready I thought I had more time but her puppies are developing quick and if there's a lot of them there is no way she is going to make it to her original due date. Will post a list of my whelping supplies later let me know if I am missing anything. I can't believe how fast her pregnancy is going. :)

Nikky5000

This is starr yesterday at 5:00 pm see how low her belly is her belly has dropped considerably that is all puppies she used to have a nice tuck up it is completely gone. Her belly literally after she eats is a inch off the ground.

Attachments

Nikky5000

My whelping list:
*stethoscope
*gloves (probably won't use them)
* fetal doppler
*thermometer(probably won't use)
* towels
*puppy pads
*blankets
* pencil and paper
*scissors
*floss
* rubbing alcohol
*vet number
*after hour vet number
* portable heater
Am I missing anything I feel like I am missing something

JPsMOM

Well... I have delivered some human babies at home, never puppies... Thought they did that on their own lol... So my mind immediately said "bulb syringe" but I don't know if that counts in puppies... :)

Sent via tapatalk

Nikky5000

Thank you I am missing that. I have to get a new one my old one disappered. Yes it is a big misconception that dogs don't need humans or help while whelping. Puppies tend to get stuck or turn during the delivery process a lot of people lose their female and puppies because they think leave the dog a lone and let nature take its course. Dogs are so domesticated that they depend on their owners a lot more. We came a long way from letting dogs whelp under porches. This female her last litter she had of 5 puppies if I wasn't there she could've died or lost the entire litter because the first puppy turned and blocked the canal but because I knew what to look for I was able to get her to an emergency vet and save mom and puppies sadly the one who turned did not make it.
I also added some things to my list
* a separate place for the puppies while mom is whelping
*a heating pad for puppies to stay warm it actually goes inside the bed where the puppies will be while mom is whelping.
I would love any feed back on my whelping list. I changed my whelping list so much and added things so I am trying to be sure I got every item I need. This mom works like clock work this week she will be trying to find places to whelp so I am deciding how I want the whelping area and where. Any suggestions welcomed

Nikky5000

The alcohol was for sterilizing the scissors. I think I have some iodine but just to be sure I will add that to my shopping list. I never thought about baby wipes. I have some dog wipes that I bought at petsmart that I use to wipe my dogs paws after they play outside will that work the same as baby wipes?

Nikky5000

Starr's appetite is starting to pick back up she ate 4 small meals today so far. It seems that she wants to eat more at a time but there just isn't enough room. So she has to eat a little at a time. Before she was pregnant she could finish a can of dog food in one sitting in 3 minutes. But now she can only eat half a can in one sitting and it takes 5 minutes. Then 30 minutes to an hour later she'll eat the other half.

Nikky5000

We are definitely feeling puppies. They are not shy about kicking your hand they are constantly moving this is going to be a big litter. These puppies are the most active I have ever seen or felt especially since mom is barely 6 weeks along counting by the first tie. No wonder mom is so miserable and uncomfortable.

Nikky5000

My girl names for this litter:
*Violet * Scarlet *Nia *Phoebe
*Prue *Piper

My boy names for this litter:
*Prince *Teddy *PJ *Mocha
*Wyatt *Cole
What does everybody think?

Nikky5000

Yes you can I do it every litter. This litter's names have alot of the letter P but usually the names all start with different letters.

GJBain

We are definitely feeling puppies. They are not shy about kicking your hand they are constantly moving this is going to be a big litter. These puppies are the most active I have ever seen or felt especially since mom is barely 6 weeks along counting by the first tie. No wonder mom is so miserable and uncomfortable.
My 5 month old came from a litter of 11 puppies, 9 females (5 black and tan and 4 mahogany) and 2 males (1 mahogany, 1 black and tan). Smooth hair standards. I have a mahogany female. We named he Brandy.

Brandy out enjoying the spring sun....

Last edited:

Nikky5000

OH MY GOSH. A litter of 11 :eek: I would go crazy especially since she's a miniature I would be so confused to where she was keeping them all :) I think at most probably 9. Hoping for no more than 9. With her she comes from a line where the females had big litters. Starr was born in a litter of 7. Her first litter was 6 puppies. Her moms biggest litter was either 8 or 9 not to sure the breeder told me when I first got her but that was over 3 years ago, 2 studdings ago, and 3 more puppies from her ago. :)