Pacific Northwest

covenantwmn

My husband, Dave & I live in Oregon with our Sadie. This will be her first winter....brrrrr that low to the ground. :eek:

koshka

Super Moderator
Hi, were you able to buy an good clothes for your dog ? I am looking for a warm jacket or something for my 2...however...none of them in the regular pet stores are long enough for their bodies...if you have any info...let me know.

starfish

Midwest US Region Moderator
clothes

We have two boys, so it is easier, due to the fact you dont want clothes that close to the parts that wee. We found some clothes at PetCo and at Wal-Mart. But, I have a friend that took some baby or toddler clothes and did some alterations for her Dachshund. There are also some Dachshund sites that offer clothes specifically for this wonderful breed.

gpmum2

We seem to have loads of dog clothes here in the UK, but my hubby is dead against them..I have seen the cutest flying jacket :). Not sure how cold he will get being a mini wire, but he hates the rain and hasn't had a winter yet.

jazzaria

We r in Seattle, Spekkle hates the rain, and the cold.... This will b her first winter, and for a dog that doesn't like the rain.... We live in the wrong place!!! Haven't figured out what to do to make it better for her tho....

otis

I live in New York. Otis runs through the snow with his face under it, but I have to shovel 2 big areas in the yard, one for pee and one for poop, I know its wierd. I dont know how stella is going to like it

jazzaria

We are officially into our cold weather here, and I have looked at sweaters rainjackets for Spekkle here and nothing seems to be made to fit a dachshund! I can find what would be a great size for her, but when we try it on... well the places for the back legs are in the wrong spot for her... and for some reason she seems extremely long... and unfortunately I do not sew or knit so she is SOL on that front... any suggestions on where I could possible find somethings for her without breaking the bank?

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
We are officially into our cold weather here, and I have looked at sweaters rainjackets for Spekkle here and nothing seems to be made to fit a dachshund! I can find what would be a great size for her, but when we try it on... well the places for the back legs are in the wrong spot for her... and for some reason she seems extremely long... and unfortunately I do not sew or knit so she is SOL on that front... any suggestions on where I could possible find somethings for her without breaking the bank?
I cannot find anything that fits my dogs, they have sweaters and jackets, but nothing that covers their butts as in order for it to fit their front end, it'll always be too short! And any of the sites that have clothes that are made for dachshunds, are way too expensive!

Steph

This will be Arelus' first winter as well. I hate snow, but for now I can't wait for it to snow just to see what he will do. Since we live in Southern Ontario, the colder weather has been coming and going for the last few weeks, so we've been gearing up (literally) for the coming winter. Ree HATES his sweaters, grudgingly wearing them. I found that a lot of the sweaters that I bought for my shih tzu cross boys when they were younger fit Ree perfectly lengthwise and have enough room for his chest to fit comfortably with some wiggle room. The vast majority of them are labelled as Large or Extra Large. The ones labelled as Extra Small or Small just don't have the length or the chest depth to fit him...and they're the ones recommended for Mini Dachshunds :S

Gail2

I'm up in North Idaho and it gets dang cold here. We just got 2 feet of snow today so having coats is a absolute necessity for us.
I gave up trying to find any that actually fit and now I just make my own with polar fleece. I'm not great at sewing but I can put a coat together in about 30 minutes. I even made a little head band type hat to tuck their ears up into when its really, really cold but it doesn't fit any of the babies now.

jazzaria

Spekkle has just decided that she is going to be a house dog unless it is dry outside! I can't get her out even to go potty... And if we get ready to go somewhere she goes into her doggy duffel bag with a diaper on!! Crazy as it may seem... It's the only way she will leave the house if it is cold or wet.... I found a couple decent sweaters for her, but she is not so happy when I put them on her, I suppose with time she will at least get adjusted to them... But her favorite choice for warmth is snuggled up with one of us or snuggled with a blanket!! Silly baby she is!!

Reggy'smom

dachshund dens
Dachshund jackets

Hi, were you able to buy an good clothes for your dog ? I am looking for a warm jacket or something for my 2...however...none of them in the regular pet stores are long enough for their bodies...if you have any info...let me know.
Good morning, I'm in the process of custom making jackets exspecially for Dachshunds. We have a hard time finding jackets to fit their long bodies, so I've added custom jackets to my website, maybe this will help you out? :)

Web Store - Dachshund Dens

Reggy'smom

dachshund dens
dachshund jackets

Goodmorning everyone, I was amazed to wake up and find all the posts about not being able to find jackets to fit dachshunds. I couldn't either and decided to start making dachshund jackets along side my Dachshund Dens. I just started so my supplies are not up yet, but if any of you are interested I've posted my very firts dachshund jacket on my website. The jacket Reggy is wearing is to small for him, he's 23 pds, but I needed a model :) and he loves his treats afterwards! :) I'll post my website here for the dachshund jackets just incase any of you are interested in a winter jacket. I might be able to make a rainproof jacket. Hope this helps. I will be accepting size requests.

Web Store - Dachshund Dens

Felicity

I live up in Whatcom co. I have Oscar. I found all sorts of 'doggy clothes' at Value Village. He has a snazzy fleece Seahawks jacket...go Hawks :}