New, new, new!

mini_angus

New to Minis
Hi! I'm new to the forums, because I'm new to Dachshunds. I adopted my very first miniature doxie today! Here's his story.

Angus, or as we call him "Gus", is a 3 year old miniature with long and somewhat wiry red hair. He was rescued by his last family as a pup from a puppy mill situation. While taking good care of him, they also used him for breeding. At the point where they decided he wasn't producing 'good' puppies anymore, they decided to let him go to a shelter. A friend heard I was looking into getting a Dachshund, and gave me the family's information to contact. Details, more details, and here we are today.

My story: I'm a 22 year old female who lives in the Midwest USA. I currently own reptiles, cats and now Gus. I am not totally new to Dachshund personalities, as I was around them as a teenager. I've never actually owned one, so this is a learning experience for me.

Thanks for reading :)

Attachments

Penny

Hi and Welcome! Nice to see you here. I hope you can share more stories about your adventures with Gus.

Doxmom

Let me add my congrats to you and Gus. He is so gorgeous..His coloring and length of fur on his ears - precious! Keep us in pictures and lots of good luck with your beautiful boy! :D