My baby boy Blazer going to the Bridge...

Blazer's Mom

In 4 hours... I will helping my boy, Blazer, to the bridge. I tried to take him on Monday...but as we were walking out of the house, I freaked out... I needed more time with him. So today, I am praying I have the strength to let him go. He is 18 years old...has been with me half of my life. Thru one marriage and divorce...then just with me...and for the past 10 years he has been with my current hubby and me. He has had several strokes, loss of sight in one eye, hearing is going, only able to hold his bowels some of the time... he sleeps 23.5 hours/day...and only wakes up because we wake him to eat/drink/pee/poo. It's time... and I know it. He has arthritis in his back...but isn't in severe pain. I just put my newfie down a few months ago because of his bone cancer. It's just difficult to loose two babies in such a short time. I will be forever grateful to have had Blazer in my life. He is an amazing boy....and quite a beautiful one if I may say so myself.

Hug your babies as often as possible....for one day they will be gone and it will be too late.

vizzla

So sorry to hear. You do the right thing, you know him best. What a fantastic age!
He has had a happy life, let him go so it can be a peacefull goodby, he deserves that.

So sorry for you.

Inkeri

I'm so sorry. :( That's not an easy decision to make, but sometimes it's the best one.
Hugs,
Inka &Manu

Penny

My heart goes out to you at this very difficult time.
What an amazing age. He will leave a big hole in your heart and your home. Hugs to you.

garyd

I'm so sorry for the pain you feel...it is fueled by the love you have shared with Blazer. Hold on to all the memories of what he's been for you.

babysis

I am sorry to hear and know that you are going through this difficult time. It sucks. Just know that he lived a long and happy life and was there for you. Remember the good times. You'll all see each other again someday. ~hugs~

Blazer's Mom

Thank you for all of your kind words...

Blazer was sent over the bridge to meet up with his brothers, Buddy and Jager.

One of the hardest things I've ever done. I could barely breathe, my chest was tight, my knees were weak... my heart broken...

He is missed more than I could have ever imagined. I'm just so grateful to have had him in my life...

Blazer's Mom

Thank you for all of your kind words...

Blazer was sent over the bridge to meet up with his brothers, Buddy and Jager.

One of the hardest things I've ever done. I could barely breathe, my chest was tight, my knees were weak... my heart broken...

He is missed more than I could have ever imagined. I'm just so grateful to have had him in my life...
I haven't been on the forum since just after I sent my baby over the bridge...

I've been missing my boy....I keep looking for him, even though I know he's not here. Instinct I guess...

Been thinking about a new puppy or a rescue...just not sure yet.

Penny

If you feel it's time, would you like to post some of your favorite photos of Blazer? A tribute to him and his loving companionship.

I wish to encourage you to open your heart to a rescue baby. It's very satisfying to give a second chance at love to a little one who lost their family and home, and you also make room for the next one needing a second chance.

Sending hugs, and hoping to hear about the new one soon. There's one out there waiting to be in your arms, and to be home.

Dachloves201

I promised myself since Gizmo's passing that if and when I get another dog I will make it a rescue or adopt. Dogs no matter what have so much love to give and if you could give one a happy home that's been down on it's luck I'm sure they'd be as grateful as ever :)