Might Be Taking The CGC Test Next Month!

nola

I'm seriously considering taking the Canine Good Citizen test with Nola next month. My only hesitation is "supervised separation". While she doesn't have separation anxiety, she's very attached to me and I'm not sure how'd she'd do when left with a stranger. Can anyone give me advice on this? Or on the test in general? What should I be prepared for? Has your dog taken the test?
She's a Mini, and 2 years old btw

Doxmom

That's sounds like fun and I'm sure Nola will do great! Are there any local AKC classes where you & Nola could work on the separation issue?

nola

That's where I'm having trouble :( I don't live in a very big city, and there's only a few classes offered and they mostly use traditional dog training, which I am very opposed to (Nola is trained with sticky positive reinforcement and clicker training)-no offense meant to anyone.

Inkeri

Good luck with the test! :) Sounds like fun. I was going to try that with Manu also, but he has issues with strangers, so I have to deal with that first. ;)
Maybe you can train separation with a friend? Someone having the dog and giving her treats while you go further away.