Manu's new little brother

Inkeri

We adopted a puppy (4-5 months old) on thursday. :)
He's so cute!!!! His name is Jussi and he's a german shepard-mix. He's from Russia. The reason why we adopted from Russia is that there are practically no puppies to adopt in Finland. But there are plenty in Russia... So, I contacted this organisation and looked at some puppy pics on internet and that's how we found Jussi. We've all fallen in love with him already. :)

Attachments

Inkeri

Manu loves him! Manu is very playful and he enjoys having another dog to play with. :) It's just that Jussi is still very tired and wants to sleep, but Manu doesn't understand... We have to keep them apart some hours a day so that Jussi gets some sleep.

I suppose it's usually other way around when a puppy comes... But that's our Manu! :)

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Oh he's ADORABLE!!!! You're going to have alot of fun with him! LOL Well done for rescuing!

Inkeri

We've had Jussi for 6 weeks now and everything's good. He's already housebroken (that's amazing since he's lived all his life on the streets and in a kennel), he doesn't have upset stomach anymore, he's already learnt things like sit, lay down, wait (for food, before going out the door etc..), he doesn't jump on ppl anymore etc.. HUGE progress! And the most important thing: Manu and Jussi are like brothers. :) Of course they have had some growls over some toys or sleeping places, but that's understandable. No fights or bites, though.

I have to say that after having a dachsie puppy, german shepherd is quite easy to train..... ;) Although I've noticed that with Jussi you have to think more about how YOU are, all gestures and even tone of voice is important. And you have to do it the same every time. With Manu it's not that important, he knows what I mean. ;)
One thing that is still making it difficult to train Jussi is that he still has issues with food. He's been hungry and had to fight for food, so he LOVES food. He can get over excited when he sees food or treats and you just can't train him then. :p I think I'll try clicker with him. It might work better. :)

Here's a pic of the stupidoes from this morning... Silly dogs, I tried to make them sit side by side like good brothers. :D
(in this pic you can see how Jussi was decorating the house... he pimped the floor list)

Attachments