Hello from Canada

Luvmydachshunds

Hello..I am mom to two rescued dachshunds, Oskar 11 yr old pie boy and Schatzi 10 year old black and tan. They are my heart. We recently sent our precious 14 yr old wire hair, Xena on her journey to the bridge...she suffered Canine Cognitive Dysfunction (dimentia) for the past year and a half...and although we treated her condition with medication, the disease had progressed to the point where it was time to give her some peace. We laid her gently to rest last weekend...we are taking some much needed time to heal our broken hearts.
I will take a bit and answer some of the interview questions....looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

- What do you do for a living?- Administrative Assistant
- How long have you been owned by your Dachshund? - 10 years
- What other pets do you have? - Just owned by two doxies
- If you could have any other pet what would it be? - Pugs!!
- What are your hobbies? - Scrapbook a bit....love to decorate my home.
- What is the best place you have visited on your travels and why? Don't travel much
- How would you best describe yourself? - Loving, loyal...dedicated volunteer with rescue
- Which invention in history would you most like to have come up with - battery operated dental flosser
- If you ruled the world, what is the first thing you would outlaw? Puppy Mills!!
- If you were forced to entertain us all at the Forum Christmas party what would your talent be? - Stand up comedy
- Snow or beach? I live in the great frozen North...hate snow but love to spend summers in our pool
- Windows or Mac? - windows
- Which track or album rocks your boat? - Anything by Pitbul
- What is your favorite film? - Braveheart
- Meat or Veg?-Meat..in moderation
- What is your favorite beverage? Tea
- And finally, your number one rule in life?- One day at a time

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Welcome from another Canadian!

Your dogs sound very special. Mine are all rescues as well, and I'm fostering a deaf border collie right now too... housefull I tell you!

Both of my Dachshunds are mini double dapple shorthairs, both are deaf and sight impaired (one more than the other) and I love them to pieces!!!

vizzla

Hello! So sorry to hear about your dog Xena but it sometimes is the best thing we can do for our pets. Happy you are here.
My dachs is 2 y. We live in Sweden.

Blazer's Mom

Hello..I am mom to two rescued dachshunds, Oskar 11 yr old pie boy and Schatzi 10 year old black and tan. They are my heart. We recently sent our precious 14 yr old wire hair, Xena on her journey to the bridge...she suffered Canine Cognitive Dysfunction (dimentia) for the past year and a half...and although we treated her condition with medication, the disease had progressed to the point where it was time to give her some peace. We laid her gently to rest last weekend...we are taking some much needed time to heal our broken hearts.
I will take a bit and answer some of the interview questions....looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

- What do you do for a living?- Administrative Assistant
- How long have you been owned by your Dachshund? - 10 years
- What other pets do you have? - Just owned by two doxies
- If you could have any other pet what would it be? - Pugs!!
- What are your hobbies? - Scrapbook a bit....love to decorate my home.
- What is the best place you have visited on your travels and why? Don't travel much
- How would you best describe yourself? - Loving, loyal...dedicated volunteer with rescue
- Which invention in history would you most like to have come up with - battery operated dental flosser
- If you ruled the world, what is the first thing you would outlaw? Puppy Mills!!
- If you were forced to entertain us all at the Forum Christmas party what would your talent be? - Stand up comedy
- Snow or beach? I live in the great frozen North...hate snow but love to spend summers in our pool
- Windows or Mac? - windows
- Which track or album rocks your boat? - Anything by Pitbul
- What is your favorite film? - Braveheart
- Meat or Veg?-Meat..in moderation
- What is your favorite beverage? Tea
- And finally, your number one rule in life?- One day at a time
Nice to meet you. I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.

We too had 2 wiener dogs, but lost one 3.5 years ago to....well, a lot of things. But the diabetes is what finally beat him/us.

I really like your "rule in life"... I need to keep that one in mind... as we are going thru osteosarcoma (bone cancer with one of our newfs), the younger newf has just had surgery on both of his knees (he had 2 torn ACL's), our wiener dog had 2 strokes in October (but has recovered well)... Well, you get my point.

Again, nice to meet youl

Luvmydachshunds

Thank you, everyone for your warm welcomes. It has been two weeks since we said good bye to our precious Xena. It is getting a little easier each day, seeing her little grave site and marker in our yard, brings me comfort that she is near by.