Health Insurance For Dogs

DonRamon

Ninja
Does anyone have health insurance for their pet? If yes can you share with us the cons and pros of having it. Also if anyone know a good pet insurance for USA residents, plz share.

Thank you.

Inkeri

I have health insurance for Manu. It costs 200 euros/year and I have to pay 60 euros of the vet bill, the rest is paid of the insurance. Also if Manu would die, I'd get the money I paid for him back. It doesn't cover dental care, though.

I found it useful last year when they suspected that Manu had urine infection and he went through all kinds of tests. The bill was 300e and I paid 60e. :) Well, he didn't have urine infection, fortunately, he had infection on his foreskin. :D The vet said it's common with young males. Boys will be boys. ;)

We live in Finland, so I don't know about insurances for USA. But I would recommend having the insurance. :)

DonRamon

Ninja
Anyone in usa have one they can recommend plz.

I just want to be ready for my super hyper active dashies future back problems.

We have had it for our boys since getting them which is almost 3 years now for Pickles. We just got our 3rd Doxie on Friday so we decided we were probably going to drop it as a cost measure. If you have a major issue the cost shock will be great. But it likely would not cost as much in total as years of paying premiums. In short what you pay out does not come close to the refunds, but that is where their profit lies. To the best of my knowledge you have to start the policy as puppies without any lapse in coverage.

Further & a key point is they can disallow payment based on known genetic issues. Hello! Do Doxies have back issues? It is not a secret. That is a loophole we did not notice at first and is likely a deal breaker.

Thank You
Bill Lane
AKA Pickles', Shelby's and Rosie's Papa

For Fun and Friendship of Dachshunds and the People They Own
South Jersey Dachshund Club Home
Picasa Picasa Web Albums - Bill Lane

YouTube SouthJerseyDachshund - YouTube

^--^
(o o)
/ o \ /
U ||))))))))))))))||
/_\ /_\

vizzla

In sweden we have to have insurance. If my dog does any harm to any other dog or animal or causes an accident I will be responsible and have to pay for it all. With my insurance Im protected finacially.

If my dog get high veterinary bills Im protected and just pay the risk fee, wich is a small fee compared to thousands in health bills.

I will never have to worry not to be able to get my pet home. If you dont pay the vet bill, you cant take the dog home, you have to pay instantly, not later so.

I would never concider not having an insurance. But maybe its only this way in sweden?

DonRamon

Ninja
We have had it for our boys since getting them which is almost 3 years now for Pickles. We just got our 3rd Doxie on Friday so we decided we were probably going to drop it as a cost measure. If you have a major issue the cost shock will be great. But it likely would not cost as much in total as years of paying premiums. In short what you pay out does not come close to the refunds, but that is where their profit lies. To the best of my knowledge you have to start the policy as puppies without any lapse in coverage.

Further & a key point is they can disallow payment based on known genetic issues. Hello! Do Doxies have back issues? It is not a secret. That is a loophole we did not notice at first and is likely a deal breaker.

Thank You
Bill Lane
AKA Pickles', Shelby's and Rosie's Papa

For Fun and Friendship of Dachshunds and the People They Own
South Jersey Dachshund Club Home
Picasa Picasa Web Albums - Bill Lane

YouTube SouthJerseyDachshund - YouTube

^--^
(o o)
/ o \ /
U ||))))))))))))))||
/_\ /_\
One i got covers 90% of vet bills, no limits, $100 decuctible (once a year if claimed), $30/month, and they cover genetoc things like hips and backs.