Just started Rally-O classes!

Lupita

My older girl used to love agility, but we're taking a little break since her back has given her problems. We had our second Rally-O class last night and is it ever challenging! All the signs are new to me, so obviously Lupi doesn't know them yet either. The only things we can do properly are walk forward, sit, down and right/left turns. She seems to enjoy it though. I wish we'd found this sport sooner-it's easy on their backs and a lot of fun!

Penny

Good for you!! I hope you can post pics as you go and tell us more. Love to hear it!

Lupita

Aw, thanks Penny. I hope so too. Only one handler per dog allowed in class, so I'll have to ask one of the others to take some pics for me once we get more comfortable. I think they all get a kick out of the lowrider in class!

Inkeri

That's awesome! :) Rally-O seems like so much fun. I trid it a couple of times with my older doxie, but he was just sniffing the floor etc... It didn't go so well... ;) But with my youngest it might work because he loves all sorts of training and esp. treats. :D

Keep us updated!

Lupita

Good for you for trying! I agree, it really helps when they're food-motivated. My younger one is definitely not ready for this class, although she also did great at agility. She's a little monkey, so the obstacles are a treat for her, more so than actual food treats.

Inkeri

I do agility with my youngest. He really loves it! I think he's more motivated by the obstacles than the treats also. :)

Lupita

Well we graduated from our Novice class. The trainer gave us score sheets for our final 2 runs, and Lupi scored 191 and 193 respectively. It's out of 200 and 170 is a pass. I'm so proud of her and what a good little smart girl she is! I, on the other hand, nq'd us both times by missing a sign! I'm such a klutz:)

Wyominiwiener

I do agility with my youngest. He really loves it! I think he's more motivated by the obstacles than the treats also. :)
Are you sure he is a Doxie? :p:p:D

I read through the signs on the AKC web site. I realize that 95% of the exercises I did in class when training my Collie, 35 years ago.

Tim