Urgent Questions about Shots

otis

This is the info the breeder gave me on stella can anyone tell me what exactly this stuff is and when she can get boosters, I am hoping its ok to get anything she needs done on the nov 3 or 4th
Born - July 31 2011
Wormed 9-14 and 9-20 (still had major worms when I got her, but I wormed her with stuff from the farm store)
sulfamephoxazole and trimethotrime oral
suspension plus metronidazole sep29 2011 5 way parvo vac distemper
I am guessing any shots were given sept 29
I want to know what this stuff is and what it is for. Thanks

Steph

The sulfamephoxazole and the trimethotrime are used to treat bacterial infections - usually urinary tract infections, but can be used on others. Metronidazole is used to treat Giardia - this is one drug I see very often at the shelter and most commonly used on kittens and puppies.

The vac I assume would be DA2PP (distemper, adenovirus 2, parvovirus and parainfluenza) a standard first vaccine for puppies. As for it being 5 way, I'm not sure unless Bordatella was included somewhere. The de-worming was done 6 days apart from the looks of what you wrote...I'm thinking that it should have been done at 21 days, 31 days and 41 days (standard for where I work when we have newborn pups)

To be completely honest with you, I would call your breeder back and ask exactly what the drugs were used for so that you can tell your vet what the drugs were used on her for and that they'll be able to tell you if the condition(s) have cleared up enough to continue with her next set of shots.

Good luck!

otis

I called Otis vet to get Stella set up. They said she is due for them the oct 29th but it wont hurt to wait for nov 3rd. Some of the meds on my list are for bacteria infections, thats nice to know that the breeder didnt tell me that. Otis better not of got anything from the puppy, they share the same water bowl and toys. If he got something I am going to be so pissed off. I am bringing him to the vet with her anyway. Its been about 5 months since he has been, and he needs is nails done, also maybe the more he is exposed to the vet, might make him a little less of a jerk when he is there.