Update on my guy since I haven't been around for awhile

JPsMOM

Hey all! For me summer=too busy for much so I thought I would pop in and update you on the handsome little guy that all of you helped me raise lol
The day he came home....
Today at 6 months old

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Penny

Look how he's becoming such a handsome young fella!
Yes, how are things going with him?

JPsMOM

Really well, thank you! He makes me crazy just like a doxie should lol. He has hit his "faulty intruder alarm phase" (I am pretending it's a phase lol) so he barks and everything.... Inanimate objects... My reflection in the mirror... Sounds... People walking through the house... Lol. Working on that. I have struck a good medium with the issue he had with my son. I cant make him like everyone, but once my son learned that if he is sleeping or whatever just leave him alone(!), as well as not putting his face on him (Jp hates that) they have bonded much better and no more "bullying" from Jp. He is 95% reliable on potting. If it's raining, early morning dew, grass is too long... I know I have to watch him more, but the majority of the time he rings his bell to go out as long as he has a nibble of cheese waiting when he comes back in. =) He gets regular playdates with my mom's husky (very cute). All in all things have gone amazingly well with this little guy!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Lupita

I completely empathize with you and the barking "phase". I'm hoping Lacy is barking at everything out of a lack of confidence/finding her voice, and that it will subside as she matures. Potty training sounds the same-she rings her bell and avoids accidents 90% of the time, but snuck downstairs today when it was raining...they sound so similar!
It sounds like it's getting so much easier with both our pups. Still, it's a good thing they're so stinkin' cute...