Travel in the car

COCO

Hi guys, just wondering what everyone does with their daxies in the car. I've read a few people say to always use a crate, but Coco is almost always sick if he's in the crate! He's absolutely fine if he's one a passengers lap, but as well as not being as safe if either of us are driving alone it's impossible.

What do other people do for car journeys?!?

Here's some new pics of Coco:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gies

This is how I take Kiki & Mokka for a walk. :D:D:D
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwWxWxGo9VY]Doxies in the trunk - YouTube[/ame]

babysis

I used her harness and a leash extension which connected to the seat belt when the seat belt was latched. I always made sure the window was open a bit so she could get air. My girl used to get sick in a car as well when she was in the crate. So definitely had to look into other options! Which the harness/extension worked great for her!

Penny

My in-laws used to give their little dog some vanilla ice milk/ice cream before the car ride and it settled her stomach. I don't know who suggested it, their vet or groomer.

GJBain

Hi guys, just wondering what everyone does with their daxies in the car. I've read a few people say to always use a crate, but Coco is almost always sick if he's in the crate! He's absolutely fine if he's one a passengers lap, but as well as not being as safe if either of us are driving alone it's impossible.

What do other people do for car journeys?!?

Here's some new pics of Coco:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My wife got one of these for our Brandy.....

http://www.petsmart.com/supplies-tr...-36-catid-100135?var_id=36-7394&_t=pfm=search

Hooks to seat belt and then you hook the dogs collar to the booster seat. I am not so sure I like hooking their neck to it but that is what she does when she takes here by herself. When there are two of us we hold her on our lap. Again not such a good idea.

JPsMOM

Older post but wanted to put my 2 cents in. We also use the harness/seat belt thing, but we have a laundry basket (rectangular one) with a pillow in it that he sits in also. Keeps him a bit more contained and raises him up so he can see out the window if he chooses. We put a toy or two in there with him for long drives, and the toys can't just fall off the seat since they are contained in the basket as well.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk