Trained dog pees in house HELP!

mike2121

Hey guys, new to the thread and like what I see. :)

So, my boy, Taco, is 7 years old and has been potty trained all his life. However, he has recently been cocking his leg and peeing maybe a tablespoon and then go on about his day. He hasn't peed in the house since he was a pup. Please help me!!

JPsMOM

Hi there! A question and a thought... Is he neutered? And could he have a UTI?

Sent via tapatalk

Nell

Hi and welcome from the UK!

Could also be that you have a bitch in season close by? has anyone recently moved into your neighbourhood?

mike2121

He is neutered and we do not have any other dogs in season. I guess a UTI is my best bet. I'll see what I can figure out. Thanks guys (or gals). :)

CaseyKC

Could he be concerned or feel threatened about a recent event or recent visitor? Sounds like he is marking territory or leaving a message that,"this is my house." Has another dog or small child visited recently that he might feel the need to re-establish his place in the pecking order? Has a family member (one of his human pack) been away or returned home? Has his special person changed work hours or started a new hobby that Taco can't participate in (or supervise?) If so, maybe he needs to be assured that his place in the home is secure and he is loved as much as he has always been.