To pick up or not to pick up?

starfish

Midwest US Region Moderator
When we walk our little ones or let them outside, we pick up their poo. We see a lot of pet owners walk their campions and not pick up the 'trail'. We wish more owners would pick up. Does anyone else agree with us? There are several diseases and parasites that can be transmitted from waste being left behind, because let's face it, our dogs are very scent oriented and tend to put their nose right in there.

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
I live in the UK and we have poo bins attached to lamp posts etc on the road sides , you can alos get fined if you dog is found fouling the pavements, but some dog owners are still irresponsible and do not pick up their doggy poo, it does make me cross as it only takes seconds and it prevents the spread of infection etc for toher dogs and children etc, there's nothing worse than treading in doggy do do and getting it all over your shoe x

gpmum2

Yes I agree you should definetly clear up after your dog. Our local dog warden does do spot checks in our local park, but I have never seen or heard of him fining anyone, just gives them a warning.

It made me really cross when I saw that our local GP didn't clear up after his dog :mad: he should of known better.

kornygerm

In Mexico, we dont have that kind of culture if you could call it like that. My neighboor lets its dogs roam outside, so they sometimes poo near our gate in the sidewalk and since they dont take responsability to what their dogs do outside, we have and sometimes me have to clean it up..grrr. I'm sure other people would like other dog owners to pick it up, but they dont.

Cell

If dogs poo on my yard I just flick it into th street, how neighborly of me lol Our neighbors I had as a kid always let their dog poop on our yard until my dad gathered the poop and flung it onto their bricks of the side of their house where the poop dried, cemented and stayed. They kept he dog in the yard after that ...:rolleyes:

kornygerm

If dogs poo on my yard I just flick it into th street, how neighborly of me lol Our neighbors I had as a kid always let their dog poop on our yard until my dad gathered the poop and flung it onto their bricks of the side of their house where the poop dried, cemented and stayed. They kept he dog in the yard after that ...:rolleyes:
Haha, my dad does the same thing sometimes.