The only way to use a choke chain

jax's_mommy

I don't think I could ever use a choke collar again :(
We had a black lab and a pit bull, who was a ex-fighting dog, we had the chokers on them because we didn't have a fenced in yard, so we had to tie them to a dog run. Well one day they were play fighting as usual, and my labs paw got caught in the pits choker, the lab not knowing. Started attacking the pit on the back of the neck, thinking the pit was hurting her. We did all we could to get her to stop, water, brooms, my mom even tried holding the labs muzzle till she could break the chain. There was sooo much blood on the floor, the walls, and up my moms arm (dogs, not hers) The pit did nothing. She didn't understand why her friend was attacking. My moms friend, who happened to be visiting at the time, was about to dial 911 for the fire department, when they finally got loose. But the lab had become aggressive. We kept them apart for 3 or 4 days and even then the lab kept going after her. (both females haha) We ended up having to call animal control, I had to watch them take the lab to the truck and take off. I lost my best friend.
If it wasn't for that, I'd still have her today. She was the smartest dog I ever had, and the absolute sweetest. So because of that, leaving a big impact on me, I refuse to use them.

That was a great video though :) Thank you for sharing! I thought it was neat when the dog walked him instead! lol :)

vizzla

So sorry to hear that!

I would never use a choke chain. Just the name.... NEVER on my best friend!

babysis

Dang I thought the guy in the video was going to put the chain on himself and have the dog walk him...hahahaha

I used to use one on my lab but his head got too big..but I never had to pull it, it was more of a collar because nothing else would fit. He was a 120lb goof that was mistaken for a great dane but thought he was a doxie.