Survey

Kayleigh.

Copy/Paste Questions into your reply. :)

1.) What food do you feed to your dachshunds?
2.) How much do you feed them?
3.) Are they free fed or scheduled?
If scheduled- What is the schedule?

Also, I was wondering:
What should a standard dachshund & a miniature dachshund weigh? What is considered to be overweight?

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Copy/Paste Questions into your reply. :)

1.) What food do you feed to your dachshunds? Many different kinds of food, and raw as well... but I stick to grain-free for the most part... though I would highly recommend Horizon Amicus for small dogs like ours... AMAZING food! (and part of my dog's diet)
2.) How much do you feed them? Mouse gets 2/3 of a cup per day, Boo gets 1/2 of a cup per day
3.) Are they free fed or scheduled? Def. Scheduled! Free feeding is a recipe for a fat Dachshund!
If scheduled- What is the schedule? 2x per day

Also, I was wondering:
What should a standard dachshund & a miniature dachshund weigh? What is considered to be overweight?
They're all different but check breed standards. Mouse weighs 8.5 pounds, and Boo weighs 9.5 lbs, both are slightly under the breed standard for Mini's. Mouse is a skinny little runt though (I cant seem to keep weight on her, and Boo is just right.

dgc333

Blue Buffalo Salmon & Potato or Turkey & Potato. They list these for sensitive stomachs which my terrier has.

They get one cup a day in the evening and a snack in the morning.

With three dogs they have learned if they walk away from the dish it will be empty when they come back so they eat it all when its put down for them.

We were told Oscar Meyer The Wiener Dog was a tweenie when we adopted him. He weighs about 18 lbs and is solid muscle. Trying to keep up with a terrier mix and an Italian Greyhound will do that! :)

Attachments

gpmum2

1.) What food do you feed to your dachshunds? Lilys Kitchen wet food
2.) How much do you feed them? 1/4 of a small can morning & early evening
3.) Are they free fed or scheduled? schedule twice a day
If scheduled- What is the schedule? 7.00am & 6pm

Bernie is on this as he lost all his hair on his ears & we think he is allergic to cereal, as since being on Lillys all hair grown back & healthy looking. I did have him on Simply - sensitive dried food in the evening - mainly for his teeth but he did seem to put on some weight with this.

Steph

1.) What food do you feed to your dachshunds? Since Ree is a pup, he gets Nutrience Small Breed Puppy
If scheduled- What is the schedule? Answering 2 and 3 together, he gets about 3/4 of a cup split into 2 meals breakfast and dinner. Since we're still working on his house training and obedience, I've kept his kibble intake a little lower than recommended because of the amount of treats I use during training. He also gets cookies here and there throughout the day because I have 2 older dogs that are past the house training stage and are pretty obedient, so as a treat while I'm working with Ree, they get cookies....of course, when Ree wants their cookies - they give him their treats, no questions asked.

bazzais

Complete dried stuff - anything without VAT for 'working' dogs ;) - but they do enjoy leftovers after meals.

Adlib - they have access to the bag at all times.

No, they have access to food and water at all times.

I cant control what they eat outside on the yard though - they love to chew on horse and sheep crap and find badger and fox crap especially nice to decorate themselves in.

Baz

Last edited:

NancyD

Survey Answers

1.) What food do you feed to your dachshunds? Taste of the Wild with roasted chicken added to it.
2.) How much do you feed them? Only about 3/4 cup or less per day.
3.) Are they free fed or scheduled? Scheduled. About 6 am and again at 5 pm
If scheduled- What is the schedule? See above

Mickey is a mini and weighs at 7 months old about 12 lbs.

vizzla

Magnussons meat and biscuits - made of meet not meetpouder and less of grains.

3 dl / day = 1,5 dl two times a day.

He eats 12-13 and at 18-20