Snow report

Penny

As you know, I'm in Canada and we have to get through all of March yet, which can have some significant dumps of snow. Dec and Jan have been the second coldest since recorded temps, which of course is brutal, but it's also been extra snowy. Very bad combo since that means being outside to shovel and shovel some more.

Here is the snow I removed on Friday to reclaim that part of the driveway. I use a shovel to cut the blocks and push them with the snow scoop to the pile on the lawn and up to the top to dump..

Proportions are hard to get right here but I tell you, that block is solid and heavy...

Snow plows came by overnight and this is our front lawn. The bright orange pole indicates a fire hydrant and the brighter white snow you see behind the pole is the huge pile where I've been bringing those big blocks, which goes to the house. On the right side you can see the poor tree. I'm not sure if the trees here are going to survive. Where the tree is, you can see a bit of a van parked on the driveway and I'm thinking the pile there is taller than the garage door. It's certainly taller than the van.

A couple weeks back the snow plows left a huge line of snow/ice blocks across the driveway that was the height of a fire hydrant. It took them about 36 hours to return to remove it and no vehicle could come in or out.

So that's the snow report! How is it where you are? I know someone of you are getting more daylight finally. So are we.

crystalclear1027

Here in Pennsylvania, we have had 52 inches of snow so far, and it has been very cold here. Snow isn't melting enough because temps are staying at the freezing point and there is no salt anywhere to be found. It is again suppose to snow tonite and add to what is on the ground already. Temps are suppose to rise at the end of the week in the high 40's and low 50's.

Penny

I haven't heard a total amount of snow so far. What's 52 inches look like? You can post some photos if you like.

Penny

Posted on the news today that so far we've had 124 cm/49 inches or 4 feet of snow so far.

crystalclear1027

Enough is enough!!!! This snow is going to hang around til the end of April if the temps stay below freezing. This is the worst winter I have seen in my 53 years of life!!!!

GJBain

I New York where we live we have had about the same amount of snow as Crystalclear. There is 2 foot plus currently on the ground. Upstate New York where I snowmobile last week the snow total for the year was 127 inches.