Shoes/booties?

petsrme307

I am wanting to get a pair of shoes for my two doxies... I am concerned that they wont stay on/fit right because of their short and stubby legs.
Has anyone else tried shoes and found some that work?

melnal

Doxie Owner
Am VERY interested in feedback on this topic. We live in a condo in Minnesota. Two issues for our little peanut: 1) Salt used in winter to melt the ice, and 2) EXTREME cold temperatures :)

jarredfeet

Here we got Healer booties for Jarred, see here
Healers Booties Box Set at PetStreetMall.com
He have very sensitive paws and suffered cracks during summer time which breaks our heart seeing this very energetic and adventurous boy forced to stay on his crate and miss few outdoor activities. This boot really helped on fast healing, we also apply musher secret paw wax for extra care. If your doxies would walk on snow, choose the best one that prevent building up snow inside the boots and protects the paws from salt.

BelowHylan

Zoya rubbed her paws a few weeks ago digging holes on the beach and I tried different things, including the rubber booties and stupid rhinestone studded sandals from a pet store. She wanted nothing to do with any of it and took them right off. i am also concerned about the winter and salt. I have heard about someone in the neighborhood making custom leather snow boots for dogs but I would hate to spend all that money to only see her rip them off... I've also thought about using baby socks, maybe doubling them up... Cheap and warmer than the rubber booties but of course not waterproof... Anyone tried this?

BelowHylan

Following up..... Mentally preparing for a brutal winter to come... how do I know it will be brutal? It has to be, since I got a puppy :D.

Took Zoya out for a walk Saturday night and it was crisp. She wanted nothing to do with a long walk.. So, does anyone put clothes/coats on their wieners? I always thought dog clothes was a silly thing but since she seems to get cold easily, I am reconsidering... Also, the salted sidewalks... Someone recommended something called musher's wax.. Anyone use it?

Thanks!

BelowHylan

Penny, thank you that is perfect!!! I was looking at some nice clothes but did not want to get anything exactly because she is not fully grown! thank you thank you thank you! :) cannot wait to get home and do this :)

PS: I am a knitter so I am making a sweater for her as well but this is some instant gratification :) ;)

BelowHylan

Check out Zoya, stylin' in her new shirt! Old henley cut above the shoulder allows for a frilly mini skirt :)

PS: I have sons so looks like Zoya will never get to wear pink LOL

Last edited:

BelowHylan

Thank you!!! Yes, she looks good in blue :) I keep saying how I finally got my little girl but of course pink is not the best color for her :) Oh well.......

BTW, if the holes are cut a little lower the cuff also serves as a nice hood/ear warmer..... :D

JPsMOM

I made some little boots for my guy, simply making a little sack from fleece, then I sewed in some double sided Velcro to hold them on. I also made him a few jackets out of an old fleece bath robe. Cut the sleeves off, cut leg holes, and the big fat cuff made a great "collar". Took about 10 minutes. Sweatpants are an excellent idea too!
Yours looks great! Love the skirt look at the bottom!

BelowHylan

Yes, I bought some paw wax.. don't know how it will work for Zoya but I am loving how nice and soft my hands are! I'm glad I bought a large tub :D