Saying Hello!

nerdrock

It's been a long time since I was a member of a dachshund forum, all the ones I used to frequent are long since gone or not very active any longer. I'm sure there are a few people on here that I will (eventually!) remember from the other sites.

A bit about my and my monsters... I work at a clinic in Southwestern Ontario. I have two dachshunds - Sadie, a broken coated black and tan mini longhair who will be 8 in October, and Fynn, a broken coated chocolate and tan brindle standard longhair who will be 6 in August. We also have a big, goofy plush coated king shepherd named Bruce, he will be 2 in July. Our felines consist of Meowzers, a ~5 year old torti point Siamese, and Lloyd, a ~2 year old DSH tabby. We recently lost our ~10 year old DSH smoke coloured boy Moww.

We affectionately refer to Sadie as our "lemon dog", I purchased her from a less than reputable breeder when I was finishing college and didn't know any better at the time. She was my introduction to the breed and my little baby, as cheesy as that may be. She has a wide range of medical issues that seems to balance each other out, similar to the episode of The Simpsons where Mr Burns is shown a bunch of diseases trying to get through a door but they all jam up. Well, maybe not quite that like that but you get the idea :)

Fynn has always been pretty healthy, despite a severe allergy to duck (he develops seborrhea and secondary skin infections with even the tiniest amount). He's very outgoing and aloof. He prefers the company of my SO, although he will come to me for affection if SO is not around. Both Sadie and Fynn are "my" dogs, meaning that I had them before my SO was around.

Bruce is... well Bruce is Bruce. He's big, he's dumb, he thinks he's one of the dachshunds. We affectionately refer to him as "big stupid", although he is actually very smart. He is the destroyer of crates, the eater of sweaters and is great at home renovations (ie. ripping up carpet and ensuring that doors will never close properly again). He cannot be contained unless he is in our bedroom where the dachshund's crate is, then he is perfectly content. He has learned how to open their crate and we're on the fence as to whether he's learned how to open the bedroom door or not (it may be the cats).

Anywho - there's a (semi) short introduction of us! Off to post some questions now :)

Nell

Hi and welcome from the UK!

Sounds like a fun family, would love to see some photos if you have some.