Raw Food Diet?

chrischoi

Does anyone do it? Was intrigued. Not sure where to start or just keep with what I have him on now. Any input? Links?

Thanks.

Nell

Hi, I have introduced a raw food diet and it seems to be going really well, the dogs love it! At the moment I am feeding most raw meats (both on and off the bone), brown rice, vegetables, fish and eggs.

Mostly I like to give them meat that was intended for human consumption as it is higher grade. I visit my local supermarket and buy whatever is on the reduced counter. It actually doesn't seem to work out any more expensive than feeding dog food brands and you seem to use less.

They also get any cooked left overs I have. Give it a go....I started after watching a documentary on T.V about dog food, I couldn't believe how awful it all was :(

One massive advantage I have found is the reduction in dog waste!! plus it doesn't smell at all!

Lupita

I feed my dogs a raw food that's prepared and shaped into little kibbles. It's called Nature's Variety raw bites. It has everything they need and is easy to scoop out and it thaws in minutes.
Since switching from kibble I've seen big improvements in their poop. The poop doesn't even smell, and it's small, firm and much less frequent. As long as I can afford it, I won't switch back.

JPsMOM

I am very interested in Raw diet, but I can't seem to find any good solid "how to" or a place that answers my questions. Where did you guys get your information?

Sent via tapatalk

Lupita

If you are interested in the prepared raw foods that are out there, I went to a local pet food store that carries a few kinds and got free samples. Then I checked reviews on line and went with what got excellent reviews and my dog enjoyed.
If you want to prepare the food yourself, Dogs | Dogster has a good raw food forum with articles for newbies.