Puppy color question

3doxiemom83

That's what I thought after I looked at her. I'm not going to breed or anything but she is my first dapple. Her color has just been a huge question because it is not something that me or the breeder have really came across before. We have seen plenty of dapples but her and her brother are the lightest ones we have ever seen!

Steph

My guess would be a reverse Isabella n tan dapple because she has more of the lighter shading than the Issy colour. Whatever her colour is, she's absolutely gorgeous!

Last edited:

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Well she is def. an ee red, possibly isabella or a chocolate depending on how dark her darker spots are. and a reverse Dapple.

We've been trying to figure out what the heck Boo is. He's a double dapple, but he seems to have a harlequin type thing going on (with most of his back end being just white and dark brown, no grey) He also has black, grey and light brown, in a pattern I've never seen on a Doxie before... I call him a black and tan double Dapple, but I'm really not sure what he is!

I find merle (dapple) genetics fascinating, and I may send pics to an expert for information.

3doxiemom83

Thanks yall! She's not very dark at all. The mom is a red dapple but u can't see her spots and the dad is a piebald. Don't know his colors either way it produced a rainbow litter with another one like her but lighter, a diluted chocolate and tan and a chocolate tan! I never seen so many colors! She's my little Lucia and I love her to pieces already! Thanks for ur input.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Isabella's dilute from Chocolate right? So that would likely be the case, as her darker spots are really light. (Her darker spots are her actual colour, the lighter spots are the dilute from the dapple/merle)