PJ's Pets will no longer be selling puppies!!!

otis

I cant think of any pet stores around the fingerlakes (New York) that sell puppies anymore, or kittens. Petco has a cat adoption center. Oh never mind Hollys hounds at the mall still sells puppies. People dont buy from stores anymore, they buy from puppy mills instead of going thru a breeder that breeds for quility and not quanity.

kornygerm

There is a local pet store who sells puppies and i guess since they come from a reputable breeder with all necessary papers, their price tag is ridiculous!.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
No reputable breeder would sell their puppies through a pet store, and papers dont make a quality bred dog. Puppy mill dogs are often registered through the AKC (American Kennel Club) and CKC (Canadian Kennel Club) , as well as the other smaller kennel clubs like the Continental Kennel Club, and United Kennel Club. Registration Papers mean nothing except they come from registered parents, who come from registered parents and so on and so forth.... it has nothing to do with health, quality and conditions the dogs are kept/born in... no thanks.

NEVER buy a puppy from a pet store, they are 99% likely to be a puppy mill dog, it doesn't matter how cute they are... DO NOT SUPPORT PUPPY MILLS!!!

otis

The area I live in in New York, is mainly farm country, so we have thousands of puppy mills in this area (mainly run by meninites). They do the same thing with rabbits, they breed them till they cant anymore, and then they destroy them. I went to one of the meninite farms to buy a part for a mower and they had rabbits. I was looking to get another one, and all they had at that time was a big white male, I was looking for a female. Sylvester broke my heart tho. His cage was so full of poop, he only had about 6 inches between the poop and the top of his cage, so I paid the 5 dollars and took him home. Then I took him and my female Petunia to be spayed and neutered, he had to have a deep ear cleaning, his teeth and nails done when he was under. I never by animals from the meninites because its usually a animal mill, but I couldnt leave him there, but now some other bunny is probley in that cage. He love it here, clean cage and plenty to eat. And he gets time outside, and he gets to play with petunia and otis.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
If we, as pet owners, quit supporting puppy mills, than they wont make money, and will quit the buisness. PJ's Pets, by stopping their sales of puppies, they will make a dent. if all other pet stores follow suit, than 1/2 to 3/4 of their business will be gone... this is what's needed!

kornygerm

No reputable breeder would sell their puppies through a pet store, and papers dont make a quality bred dog. Puppy mill dogs are often registered through the AKC (American Kennel Club) and CKC (Canadian Kennel Club) , as well as the other smaller kennel clubs like the Continental Kennel Club, and United Kennel Club. Registration Papers mean nothing except they come from registered parents, who come from registered parents and so on and so forth.... it has nothing to do with health, quality and conditions the dogs are kept/born in... no thanks.

NEVER buy a puppy from a pet store, they are 99% likely to be a puppy mill dog, it doesn't matter how cute they are... DO NOT SUPPORT PUPPY MILLS!!!
Oh i'm sorry i didint meant to Generalize breeders, i forget about puppy mills *facepalm*.

Cell

this is one of the positive effects of global recession is that less people are buying pets. Of course at the same time people are dumping their pets which is the negative side of the card.

Steph

That's the honest truth. For every surrendered animal that came into the shelter where I work, the main reason was lost their job and couldn't afford to keep their pet anymore. It was heart-breaking because the dog/cat didn't know why they were being put into a kennel after their family left them with us.

andrea1

I cant think of any pet stores around the fingerlakes (New York) that sell puppies anymore, or kittens. Petco has a cat adoption center. Oh never mind Hollys hounds at the mall still sells puppies. People dont buy from stores anymore, they buy from puppy mills instead of going thru a breeder that breeds for quility and not quanity.