peeing on bed in kennel

Doxiemommy

Got my baby at 9 weeks and that was the middle of may but she sleeps in her kennel at night I feed her between 6-7 and she doesn't get anything after that. Take her out twice after eating and before bedtime. She still ends up peeing on her blanket that she sleeps on, she doesnt sleep through the night without going. Whoever says dogs won't use the bathroom where they sleep obviously hasn't met macy. She won't sleep withought a blanket though and will not use puppy pads. She eats them:( I don't know what to do and its really aggravating sticking your had in pee 2-3 times a day:( help

Nell

Hi, the difficulty is once they have got into the habit it can be really hard to break. She may not have very good bladder control yet, can she get off her blanket to wee if she needs to go? is there space in the crate? most pups will move away from the bed if they can. It could be she just doesn't have the control to hold her bladder and has no choice but to pee on her blanket. How long is she in the crate for? I had my puppy crate at the side of my bed for the first few weeks then every time my puppy whined I lifted her out and took her out. It does mean a few disturbed nights like having a baby but it worked in the long run. Maybe if you could get her to wee on a puppy pad outside and then put that one in the crate with her she wont eat it but use it for the toilet? worth a try.

Doxiemommy

Yea she has plenty room to move off her blanket. Shes in there for about 7 hours I take her out a lot during the day and I know she can hold it because she's done it. No food or water after seven and I take her out after she eats and around 11