Our new mini........DASH!!!!

65bug

Hello Everyone!!!!
My name is Todd and I live in California! I just rescued a mini Dauchshund. We lost our adopted Greyhound and she was 14 years old. We had to finally have her put down. She could not get up anymore. RIP BELLA! WE LOVE YOU!
After a few months we decided on a weenie dog. Dash was adopted from the pound and is a full breed. He was sick when we got him with a cold.
He was also thin with ribs showing! He's doing much better now and went from 6 to 8 pounds!
Then last week a tapeworm fell out of his rear end! Ha! Back to the vet for a tapeworm shot! All tapeworms are gone! He goes in for his follow up shot in two more weeks.
What a wonderful little guy! His adult teeth are coming in now. He is about 10 months old. HE is very red color and very cute!
He sleeps with us and we love "Little Man" dash! Here's some pics on his first day home. Pretty skinny and not feeling very good!

65bug

Here's a few more pics of dash 4 days later. Gaining weight and eating his special dog food! By day 4 he had really come along way!
Now at about 3.5 weeks hes really doing well. He is a playing machine!!!lol!
[/IMG]

65bug

And now for "THE GRAND FINALLY" Dash at almost a month. These pics where taken a hour ago. Very playful, smart and getting very strong for his size. His front legs muscles keep getting bigger!
[/IMG]

No more ribs showing! Shiny coat too!!

He love's his toys!

This adoption rescue is working out really well. He is already pottie trained too! Took about 2 weeks. We luv ya dash!

65bug

Thank you Vizzla! We where so excited to have rescued him from the pound. The new governor of California only gives the pounds 3 days now to keep a dog. Then they are put to sleep!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Dash got his first bath today! We had to wait due to neutering and his cold. A warm 85 degree day today so into the sink he went!;);)
I have to give alot of credit to my wife! She called down there to tell them the first antibiotics where too weak and got the dosage raised over the phone from 1/4 table a day to a half a tablet a day!
Then he went back in for a check up over at the pound. My wife wanted another dose of antibiotics. She got it for free. And a much stronger medication this time.
We have worked hard and it's paying off! We are by no means done. He's still pretty young and is learning to mind his manners! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
He's a quick learner and loves to go for rides in the car! I grab the keys and tell dash lets go! He follows me to the car, I open the door and he hops right in!:D:D
He's a real little character! We feel blessed to have gotten him!

65bug

gpmum2,
Thank you! We just love dash! A big part of our family now! I have a question:
Should we wipe down the inside of his ears with rubbing alcohol? This is what I have read, however that sounds kind of harsh!
Would peroxide be a better solution and safer for him? He looks beautiful after his bath! His coat really is shiny now and the colors have really come out now!
Thank you!;)

65bug

Oh and by the way..............HE CAN RUN LIKE THE DICKENS..............LOL!!!!
For such small legs he's a little lightning bolt!:eek:

Steph

Welcome! It's absolutely wonderful that you have given Dash a forever home :)

Heavens, no...Never use peroxide or rubbing alcohol inside a dogs's ears. They make ear cleansing solutions that you can pick up at any pet store (they come in liquid form that you can use with a cotton ball or in a wipe form) Some are herbal and smell very nice. I use an herbal cleaner with my guys.

Peroxide and alcohol damages the tissues - even when it appears to be healthy tissue. Ever notice how our skin can turn a funny coloured white after using peroxide? That's because it has killed of some of the skin cells. They are harsh to be sure.

65bug

Thank you Steph! Nice to meet you too. Yes, I was concerned about the harshness of the two products. Very much so with rubbing alcohol. I will hit the pet store today and see what they have. His ears look pretty clean. Just wanted something to wipe down the insides.
He's just so proud after his bath! Wow! The reds and browns really stand out even more now in his coat.
Could we enter dash for doxie of the month?:eek::D;)

Capt. Pickles

Welcome!!! My name is Fanny and my wiener pup is Captain Pickles(my fiance's idea lol) we've had our pup for a couple of weeks, bless your heart for adopting the adorable little guy!

65bug

Thank you Fanny! He's a true gift from God!!!! We love dash and boy is he getting stronger by the day. Took him out into a field and he's really so much fun!
He can jump so high and run so fast I cannot believe it! I am feeding him High Protein Victor Dog Food and it is fabulous!!!!
Made in Texas with all natural ingredients! No smelly poop and firm and easy to scoop up for disposal!
His coat is shinny and his muscles are getting bigger! Love the food so far!
He's like a mini champion WONDER DOG!!!
SCOOBY DOOBY DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO