Our little man, Oscar

starfish

Midwest US Region Moderator
I wasn't sure about the following post, but I was encouraged to share it. So, here it is: :eek: Our youngest Dachshund, Oscar, is two and today he started 'marking' while we were on our walk. Normally when he would wee, he would squat like a female dog. But, tonight, he actually lifted his leg and started marking almost anything that was vertical. It may sound crazy, but I was soooo proud of him! I didn't want to post this, because I wasn't sure if someone would find it offensive. He looked sooo proud of himself after he started doing it. lol

gpmum2

I wasn't sure about the following post, but I was encouraged to share it. So, here it is: :eek: Our youngest Dachshund, Oscar, is two and today he started 'marking' while we were on our walk. Normally when he would wee, he would squat like a female dog. But, tonight, he actually lifted his leg and started marking almost anything that was vertical. It may sound crazy, but I was soooo proud of him! I didn't want to post this, because I wasn't sure if someone would find it offensive. He looked sooo proud of himself after he started doing it. lol
I dont find it offensive in the least...You should be proud of Oscar it is another mile stone in his development. :)

Sounds like I have a long wait until Bernie does the same, he doesn't have much of a role model in my my GSD X as at 13yrs he rarely cocks his legs :(

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
Im not offended either i think its natural for them as much as us sitting or standing at/on the loo ;) x

starfish

Midwest US Region Moderator
Thank you

Thank you. I was just worried that if someone didn't find it offensive that I was so proud that he started wee'ing on things, then they would think me daft. Oscar had such a rough start in life, that I watch him for any signs of behavior changes. I am proud of the milestones of both of my boys. He watches Henry and what he does(almost like a kid brother watching his older brother). It was cute though, after he hiked his leg for that first time, he kind of strutted about. Most dog owners in this area think we are crazy for letting our dogs stay inside, sleep in our bed...er, you get the idea.

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
your not crazy, other than for your boys but thats because you love them :) x