one more purebred (see photo) this one at the Los Angeles East Valley shelter

iluvdogs

A friend of mine sent me this today 3/10/11: "I saw this dear soul when I was at E.Valley today. He is in a cage in the lobby. He has given up.He knows the chances of getting out of a high kill shelter at his age. So he laid his little head down and went to sleep, trying to block out all of the bad things happening around him. He is precious, he desperately needs a safe, loving place the live out his golden years. We will all need that one day and Charlie deserves to live and be loved, even at 12 yrs old, especially at 12 yrs old. The shelter doesn't even give him a picture on the website, THEY HAVE GIVEN UP ON HIM TOO. Can you help? Please save Charlie!

CHARLIE - ID#A1193330
neutered male, brown Dachshund
about 12 years old
weighs 16 pounds
at the shelter since Mar 04, 2011

East Valley Animal Care and Control Center
Tel. 818-756-9323.
14409 Vanowen St, Van Nuys, CA 91405.
Open Tue-Sat 8-5, Sun 11-5, Mon: closed.

Attachments

sdw1961

Dachshund Rescue Links?

Do you think we could post a list of Dachshund Rescue links somewhere in this forum to help these babies that come up? I've only found 2 rescue links on this site but maybe I'm overlooking something. I would be glad to help with this project.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Do you think we could post a list of Dachshund Rescue links somewhere in this forum to help these babies that come up? I've only found 2 rescue links on this site but maybe I'm overlooking something. I would be glad to help with this project.

Hi there we have a links area I have added a few rescue sites there. It links the rescue sites... Was this what you had in mind....

Dachshund Breed Dog Forums Links Directory

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
oh bless him, i do hope he found a loving home to end his days happily and loved xxx
wish i lived closer but think the UK is a bit too far xxx