Older dog Versus New Puppy help?

WizKid931

I'm new here and i thought where else to go other than a place where people own doxies. Anyways, I got a new puppy today shes a girl...I have two older dogs also dachshunds like the new puppy Lady who is 4 years old and Trouble who is almost 3. Trouble seems to have a dominance thing going on, hes not neutered. Lady is spayed and took to the puppy very well. The puppy is too small to start running n playing rough so most of the day she sleeps. Lady loves her, trouble doesn't. I tried to introduce him to her and he barked and barked and in one case growled. He smelled her face but then as i let him keep smelling her, he tried to bite her tail and her! If we show the puppy any attention he becomes very upset and wants to bite her it seems. Lady being the older dog and the female likes this new gal but trouble is having a time trying to establish a ground with her and quite frankly i don't know what to do. It hasn't been a day yet but has anybody experienced this? Any tips on how to get trouble on board that there's a 3rd dog in the home now?

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like a little positive reinforcement is needed. Introducing your new family member to Trouble a little at a time (in neutral territory - like a park or someone else's home), and providing treats each time.

Basically teaching Trouble to associate the new dog with something good should help.

In the meantime, stay calm, relaxed, and protect the new girl.