New to Dachshunds

Itoys_Mummy

Hi everyone :) My name's Karrine and I live in QLD, Australia - and currently have a wonderful 3 year old Lhasa Apso named Itoy (e-toy) and a sweet fiance' named Rolando. We have had Itoy as part of our family for a little over two years now, (my partner and i have been together 6 yrs, no children)and feel that we are ready to extend our family with a new dog - specifically a minature dachshund. My partner and I often take Itoy to the local dog park, and have met a lovely couple there who have a minature dachshund who Itoy adores, and their darling fur baby has such a lovely temperment :D My partner and I feel like this will be the perfect breed to complete our family.

Basically I have joined this forum, as I would like to start with as much information on the breed as I can. We haven't yet found a breeder, and are still saving, but we are hoping by the end of ths year to the start of next.

It's nice to meet you all - and I am looking forward to finding out more about you all and your fur kids :D

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Welcome!

They really are a special breed, but then, we are all biased! LOL

I have a Lhasa x Bichon that was rescued from a puppy mill situation, and a sweeter dog I`ve never met! She looks almost exactly half and half.

nola

Welcome! I currently have four of them :D one mini two tweenies and one puppy I think will wind up being a tweenie. 3 girls (red sable, red dapple and a black and tan) and 1 boy (red dilute).
They are the best breed every! But careful training and socializing are key, as well as keeping their weights normal. They really are incredible, active little dogs

Doxmom

Welcome!

Hi, Karrine~

I'm as new as you are to this forum and to doxies. It's funny how meeting a doxie at the park can get you interested in this breed. My neighbor has one that is just adorable, and that's what led me to get one as well. I'll be picking him up in a couple of weeks.

I've had a lhasa, shih tzu, pomeranian, pekingese and grew up with beagles! So this will be a new experience for me as well.

Welcome to the forum!

~Nikki