New member from Texas

JakeysMom

Hi everyone. Just joined and wanted to introduce myself and post a picture of my Doxie. I have two dogs, and both are rescues. Jakey is a male 4.5-year-old, black & tan, 10-pound Mini Dachshund. My other dog is Casey, a 20-month-old male, 95-pound Great Pyrenees. I joined a forum for my Pyr because I had absolutely no experience with that breed, and I gained a lot of knowledge and benefitted from all their experience.

I volunteered with a Dachshund rescue group in Houston and fostered dogs. The first one went great - fostered him for a couple of weeks and then he was adopted. Jakey was a different story; he was 2 years old and weighed 8 pounds when I got him, and he was not doing well with the big group of dogs in his previous foster home, so they thought he would do better in a quiet home. They told me his previous owner had died suddenly and was unable to make plans to rehome Jakey. The owner's hospice nurse took him in but her other dog was jealous, so she brought him to the rescue. He had my heart within 10 minutes, and with joy I became a foster failure.

Can't figure out how to download a picture from my phone, so that will have to wait, but I'm glad to be here.

Susan

Penny

Hi and welcome from Canada!
Thank you for taking Jakey in and giving him your heart and home. I wish you many happy and loving years together.

MyNameIsJo

New to dachshund talk.

Hey I'm new, from Texas. Please just bare with me while I try to figure out how all of this works, I'm aware of the fact that I might not be doing this right lol.
I came across this site while looking for a place to talk with people about my puppy & things going on with her. There's always something going on with her that gets me really worried, like right now.. She's developed a new little issue that's got me concerned.
So hopefully I can find ppl here that have been there before & can reassure me now that everything is fine or advise me on what to do to fix any issues.
I would love to do the same for any of yall that I may be able to help!:)
Thanks for reading!
-Jo