New member from michigan

Nutty Buddy

Hello everyone

I’m new to both this forum and the breed. Our baby boy was an unexpected last minute rescue so we didn’t get the chance to research what we might be in for before bringing home our fuzzy little bundle of crazy.

I’ve never seen such a stubborn and energetic dog before. He definitely kept me on my toes. My puppy proofing skills have reached levels I never knew existed. He’s been a handful sometimes but completely worth it. He has such a huge personality he’s impossible not to love. He loves life and everything it has to offer.

About Buddy

Buddy is currently 10 months old and is a diehard foodie. He loves all food. His food. Your food. My food. The cat’s food. If it fits in your mouth that counts as food, right? Buddy’s philosophy is to just taste everything. Why restrict yourself to what’s in the bowl? That table leg might taste like licorice and gum drops. There’s only one way to find out.

Buddy’s favorite hobby includes turning any and all things from big pieces into many smaller pieces. He’s a true artist. The floor is his mural. His preferred medium to work with is paper. He will however, settle for any similarly textured material if need be. He once made me a jigsaw puzzle with money he found in my wallet. It provided me with hours of entertainment while I painstakingly taped everything back together.

Buddy is also a very opinionated music critic. He enjoys the soothing sounds of a piano but is not a very big fan of the guitar. He will enthusiastically voice his opinion while stomping on the effects pad until he finds a more tolerable sound.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here :)

woof woof

CaseyKC

Buddy is adorable, but sounds like a handful. My Libby never chewed or shredded as a puppy and I know I was extremely fortunate. Actually I do know what you are going through though. Two years ago my son got back from his deployment overseas. He and his wife and their beagle, who actually has a name, but will forever be known as the DEVIL DOG (DD), came to live with us while my son was having some medical problems taken care of in Boston. DD was three years old at the time and an absolute terror. Nothing was off limits as far as she was concerned. She ate everything in sight. Toilet paper rolls were one of her favorites, but even a cough drop left in a jeans pocket on the bed while showering was fair game. I had been used to Libby who is to small to jump up on the bed, and until DD trained me by chewing all the pockets out of my jeans, slacks, shorts. I would lay whatever clothes I planned to wear after showering on the bed. After she had eaten nearly all my pants pockets, I learned to take clothes into the bathroom with me and lock the door. She was also very adept at opening the lower cabinet in the kitchen where the trash can slides in and out on rollers. She could make some fascinating collages with the contents of the trash can. We were always so concerned about what she might have ingested. Even cough drops are wrapped in cellophane. Every time I went shopping, I would automatically buy one or two bottles of hydrogen peroxide to pour down her throat to make her vomit the contents of her stomach outdoors. I considered buying stock in Resolve rug and carpet cleaner based on the number of cans I used a week, because if she wasn't caught in the act, she would sneak off and find what she considered an ideal place to vomit or release the contents of her intestinal track. Did I mention I used to have pale grey carpeting? They stayed with us for about 18 months and in the middle of this, my DIL had a baby. You don't even want to know what happened to used diapers before DD trained us to take them to the outside trash can immediately. Finally, they bought a home of their own and I honestly can't say that I miss DD since they moved. Besides, I babysit for my grandchild and (sigh) DD when their parents get a much needed evening out. I have no advice for you, just wanted you to know that you are not alone.

Penny

What a handsome boy! I am looking forward to a lot more photos plus hearing about the adventures you've shared. Looks like there are going to be lots of those. lol

Since we have a very cold winter we play hide the ball indoors. We put the poopsies behind a door, put the ball somewhere in the house, and release the dogs to go hunting. Repeat repeat repeat for 1/2 hr. You might like to get your guy into this activity which requires no nice outside weather or getting out of your pj's. lol

JPsMOM

Oh my goodness I laughed out loud at that description! I think our dogs may be related!! Nothing can be left within reach, and we do indeed have a desk leg he enjoys gnawing on if we don't keep him busy enough lol.
He is such a handsome boy and I am so glad you are able to fully appreciate his antics :)