New here!

Elysa

Hi. I'm new to this forum, but not to owning Dachshunds. I have a 7yr old red standard dachshund named Snickers. She will be 8 yrs in August.
I also have a 4 yr old black mini dachshund named Maggie. We adopted her from the shelter about 4 months ago. And the newest member, even though not a doxie, is Lucy. She's a 5mnth old Rat terrier that we rescued from a shelter.
But she thinks she's just like her big sisters. :)

Attachments

kornygerm

Hi. I'm new to this forum, but not to owning Dachshunds. I have a 7yr old red standard dachshund named Snickers. She will be 8 yrs in August.
I also have a 4 yr old black mini dachshund named Maggie. We adopted her from the shelter about 4 months ago. And the newest member, even though not a doxie, is Lucy. She's a 5mnth old Rat terrier that we rescued from a shelter.
But she thinks she's just like her big sisters. :)

hi and welcome, those are some cool looking doxies, never seen one that is full black.

The black one you got from the shelter looks alot like Ziggy. Ziggy is all black too. I wonder if black doxies are more common in shelters. It would make sense being that black dogs are acceptable in the breed but not considered "show" quality. Or so I've been told.

Did you have any problems with Maggie being aggressive when you got her? I posted a question elsewhere asking if anyone had any experience with this but so far no responce.

Elysa

No not at all! She was shy the first few days, but not aggressive.
She is quite the barker. When we go on our walks in the afternoons she barks like a maniac at every person she sees. And she sounds mean, but once they pet her she's fine.:)

kornygerm

the male we have its like that, hes shy around big crowds , but he gets over in time and later he likes to be pet but always looks at me like asking for permission lol.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Apparently, black Dachshunds are black and tans that have had the tan bred to very little or none at all. I have a black (and tan technically) double dapple that has no tan markings where he should... and a typical black and tan double dapple.

Welcome to the forum! Your pups are gorgeous! I love the little RT... he's so cute!

Cell

Very cute crew! I know someone with a langhaired solid black, in the right light you can see the browning on her legs though!