New here

Helliams

Hey, everyone. I'm new here and I thought I'd start by showing you the love of my life, Alex. I got him 10 years ago and was told he was a miniature, he sure isn't!
What's everyone's experience with house training or just training in general? Alex is very stubborn and house training is still an ongoing struggle. I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with their little guys.

Penny

Hi there and welcome!!
Your first post, and there's PICTURES. How awesome is that?

I'm in Canada and last winter it was brutally cold, so we have basically resigned ourselves long ago to put plastic down with papers on top for the dogs to potty. When the weather warms up they are very happy to potty outside. We haven't had an issue but keeping papers down is a big compromise on our parts. That said, we've had sick dogs with terribly stinky awful diarrhea (I even know how to spell diarrhea since we had dogs! lol) and they've gone on the papers, making a super easy clean up.

What country are you from? There's a few different countries represented here.

Helliams

I'm from the United States! It's super cold here in the winter and very hot in the summer, both of which Alex cannot stand. We've tried putting the puppy pads and whatnot down, but he just avoids them. It's the strangest thing.

Tootsie8700

Welcome! I have 2 minis- one who only goes on pee pee pads (on or NEAR I should say) and the other will go outside if he finds the weather acceptable (no rain, etc). They are pretty opinionated dogs... :)