New Dachshund Person

debjohn

Hi. This is my first post here. I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I live in Oregon USA, and I have a 4-month old mini. We've had him about 2 months. His name is Vinnie. I'll post a picture as soon as I figure out how to do it.

We've always had cats, so we're still adjusting to having a dog. We love him very much. Our cat is still adjusting to him too. She doesn't love him yet.:)

We have busy schedules which makes it all the more challenging. I take him for a 30 minute walk every morning, longer on the days I don't work. He's very funny about the walks. He doesn't like to get up in the morning. I say the word "walk" and he dives under covers. Once we're out walking, he does pretty well. If I don't wake him for a walk, he'll sleep as long as he can. He goes to bed pretty early too, so I don't know.:)

Anyway, all is going pretty well. Potty training is hit and miss. I have him in puppy classes mainly so he can socialize. His favorite thing in life is to meet other dogs and people.

I'll read more posts here and hopefully learn a few more things. I'm really enjoying having a dachshund!!

Deb J.

Tootsie8700

welcome

welcome- I have 2 doxies-- one is an early riser and the other will stay under the covers when everyone else gets up... Maybe he's just not a morning dog!:)

debjohn

Thanks everyone. We decided on a dachshund because we met a couple of them a few years ago and liked their personalities. We "joked" that if we ever got a dog it would be a dachshund. Our daughter got wind of it, and started posting pictures of dachshunds every chance she got. Then she posted a picture of Vinnie with his litter mates, and there you have it!