national dog day today

Barron

My Kippers came to work with me today to help me celebrate. She's sitting under my desk right now with her favorite squeaky toy, bringing sunshine to a rainy day. At 14 years old, she now has cancer and so many aches that her vet bills cost more than my mortgage. I am sadden to think about life without her. She has survived the loss of my son, the loss of my father, and been there with her head on my lap to offer me comfort when I am in despair, she just knows. I cried when I found out her cancer was not treatable, and we are trying to enjoy our remaining days. If she knows that her days are limited, she shows no signs, perhaps she thinks I don't know and doesn't want to worry me.

Those people I see as I drive home from work with their dog tied to a tree out in their yard for months at time, without release or attention.....to me you do not deserve to have your dog. You have missed the opportunity at knowing a loving loyal friend. The stress released when you walk in the door to a happy thumping tail. A cold wet nose to surprise your un-expecting body parts at odd times.

Today is National Dog Day. I am now crawling under my desk with Kippers to rub her belly, scratch her behind her left ear, and remind her that we are family.

CaseyKC

I am really sorry that this is happening. It is something that all of us who love our dogs will face eventually. Many of us have already been through it several times. You have my deepest empathy and sympathy. Enjoy your days together and hold the good memories in your heart. KC

GJBain

My Kippers came to work with me today to help me celebrate. She's sitting under my desk right now with her favorite squeaky toy, bringing sunshine to a rainy day. At 14 years old, she now has cancer and so many aches that her vet bills cost more than my mortgage. I am sadden to think about life without her. She has survived the loss of my son, the loss of my father, and been there with her head on my lap to offer me comfort when I am in despair, she just knows. I cried when I found out her cancer was not treatable, and we are trying to enjoy our remaining days. If she knows that her days are limited, she shows no signs, perhaps she thinks I don't know and doesn't want to worry me.

Those people I see as I drive home from work with their dog tied to a tree out in their yard for months at time, without release or attention.....to me you do not deserve to have your dog. You have missed the opportunity at knowing a loving loyal friend. The stress released when you walk in the door to a happy thumping tail. A cold wet nose to surprise your un-expecting body parts at odd times.

Today is National Dog Day. I am now crawling under my desk with Kippers to rub her belly, scratch her behind her left ear, and remind her that we are family.
I went through losing my best friend at 17 years and 3 weeks in 2013. Hold on to her every day. It is tough.