my puppy has diarrhea

lisaboo

She has only been home for 3 days. It just started this afternoon the first few days she was here her poop was solid. Now it is watery and looks to have a little blood in it.

I am wondering if she is having issues digesting her new food or just isn't use to it yet. The lady we got her from feed them Purina puppy chow (dry). We have switched her to Blue buffalo wilderness puppy (dry). She gets blue buffalo chicken treats when she goes potty outside they are small and soft. Maybe we are giving her to many treats?

Should I be worried or should I just wait to see if it goes away?

sherlock

It's probably from switching her food. Usually when you switch, you want to ease them into it. If that's the problem, it will go away soon, once her little tummy gets used to it.

However, if it looks like there's blood in it, you might want to get it checked out.

lisaboo

Ya we couldn't really cause I don't wanna buy a whole bag of that crap food cause it would be a waste. So we are just gonna watch it for a few days and take her to the vet if it doesn't change soon. The blood is very little nothing major. The kibble size is small for puppy but I don't think her stomach is use to it.

Her behavior is still the same she is very active and excited she plays and runs. She isn't acting lethargic or sick at all so that is good.

sherlock

Then it definitely sounds like it's just from the food switch. It won't be too long before her tummy is back to normal.