My girl is 13.5...

Penny

I am just so crazy about this awesome little girl. It's killing me that she's 13.5 but I get another summer of her running around outside and it's such a joy to watch her. I know some folks have lost their sweeties over the winter months and I'm just grateful that we can have another summer together.

Of course I'll add all 3 in their ball time outside. I know there seems to be a lot of people who like to treat their dogs into over-weightness, but I sure get a high watching mine running around and capable, bouncing, and having a blast. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that.

My senior sweetie who has grey for her tan markings now...

Beau, who is 11, and Georgia for these...

sherlock

How cute!! I love her grey old lady face. It's good she still runs and plays, that will definitely help her lifespan! My beagle back home is going to be 13 in the fall (estimated, she was a rescue) and while she doesn't play like she used to, she can usually still get in a lap or two around the yard before she gets tired :) (And then she'll bark/snip at Watson who keeps bugging her to play some more. Like, "Leave me alone you darn pup, I'm old and tired!")

babysis

13 and still running around? Amazing! She looks as if she is saying: Screw age! These kids can't keep up with me!

The tan markings on Baby's face have gray in them now. She'll be 12 in November. She's slowed down but still loves to run with me.

crystalclear1027

I hope my two babies live to that age!! We are real protective when it comes to their health. You must have been doing something right, I am proud of you guys.

GJBain

Like you have seen in my posts my girl lived to be 17 years 3 weeks old. You have time still. Dachsunds are tough dogs. I know ours was. Just hold her every single day and just never let her go. The older they get the tougher it is going to be when she does go so just keep that in mind and be ready for it. Never take a day with her for granted. I know I didn't. I miss mine. I will never forget the last day I spent with her. We sat outside and I sat with her in my arms and she fell asleep in my arms before she had to go. I miss you Sam Sam. I miss you.