Mouse and I just wanted to introduce ourselves!

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
I just found this site tonight and thought it'd be a great forum for us. I adopted Mouse a year and a half ago as a 5 month old little girl. Mouse is a Black and Tan Double Dapple... and because of her colour, she is completely deaf, and her eyesight isn't great.

Mouse is my second deaf dog, and would'a been my third, except one turned out to be defective... he can hear! I adopted her because she's deaf.... but I've never had a Doxie before, and having had terriers mostly, I was amazed (but not surprised) at her stubborn and destructive behavior... boy was I in for alot of cleaning!

Mouse has turned into a great little dog tho, who's mostly trustworthy in the house now... except she no longer gets bedroom privelages when I'm not home... due to a hole dug in my mattress the other day LOL. She's a snuggly little thing, who is obsessed with kisses. She is never more than a few feet from me, except when enjoying a romp with my other pups. Mouse knows over 20 signs and touch signals, and is a great ambassador for deaf dogs. I adore her immensly and the things she comes up with to make me laugh are priceless.

I am constantly on the look out for more knowledge, so I am on several forums, but this is the first breed-specific one, so It'll be intresting to see the specific information on the little Doxie.

Anyway, I am looking so forward to exploring this forum!

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
What a wonderful Mum you must be Sarah :)
The world is s a better place with people like you in it x
Welcome to the forum, I love it and chatting to new friends and other Doxie loves has been great x
Love to see some pics of your babies xxx

gpmum2

Well done you on rescuing so many. I am also a first time Daxi owner. Previously owning Dalmations (x6) and a Beagle. I hope you can find the information on here that you are looking for :)

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
thanks guys!

I am not really looking for any specific info, that I know of... yet LOL. but I am a knowledge collector... at least where it pertaines to dogs, so a forum like this will come in very handy, and I do believe that I could be of some use to people in regards to training and deafies.

I have alot of pics of my pups, so I'll def. post a couple.

one of all 4 of my dogs, all spiffed up last xmas. Oliver is the largest, yellow Terrier mix (possibly Irish Terrier x Lab). Zoe is a Lhasa Apso x Bichon, she is a puppy mill breeder dog, who is still, after 7 years paranoid, tho she is 1000000% better than she was. Scout is my first deaf dog. She is the smaller terrier x (longhaired white dog with little brown spots) She was rescued 2 hours before she was due to be pts just because she's deaf, and she is the reason i am now addicted to deaf dogs! and of course Mouse. You should see my house when my sister comes over with her Westie! we certainly have alot of white!

Mouse sleeps in the silliest positions!

Sunbathing! Mouse likes nothing better than to bask in the sun, so she has to wear sunscreen and Doggles to protect her skin and eyes.

Last edited:

gpmum2

Wow what lovely dogs, thanks for sharing.

I hope it doesn't snow much where you come from :)

White hair stands out more than other colours, my hubby would be constantly sello-taping his trousers getting the hairs off! It wouldn't put him off having a cuddle though :)

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Wow what lovely dogs, thanks for sharing.

I hope it doesn't snow much where you come from :)

White hair stands out more than other colours, my hubby would be constantly sello-taping his trousers getting the hairs off! It wouldn't put him off having a cuddle though :)
Thanks! and ha ha yes, I lose my dogs in the snow, and I try to avoid wearing dark colours! LOL White hair is quite annoying, and we get alot of it!

beautiful photos Sara thanks for sharing x
Thanks! and I always love sharing pics of my pups! they are truly awesome dogs!

Daxie

Thanks! and ha ha yes, I lose my dogs in the snow, and I try to avoid wearing dark colours! LOL White hair is quite annoying, and we get alot of it!

Thanks! and I always love sharing pics of my pups! they are truly awesome dogs!
I feel a bit of a fraud joining this site, as our last dachshund died last year aged 17, she was a mini wire, the year before our mini long died aged 19. We have had 5 living here all at the same time, from standard longhaired to mini longs and we used to show them.

We now have a 11 year old Jack Russell living with us, totally manic compared to the laid back Dachs !!!!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome so the Site Daxie.... You dont have to have a dachchund to be here.. you just have to love em!

Here is ours.. Enjoying some peanut butter.. The Longhair is Molly and Sam is the the Red

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5W8FFk4Y0c"]YouTube - Dachshund Dinner[/ame]