Moka broke her nail

Hunter's Parade

Today Moka broke her nail.I came home and saw blood everywhere on the floor,looked worse than it was actually.I called my vet and she told me to pull it out,which I can't do.That would hurt terribly and I just can't do it.So at least I washed her paw and putted bandage on it so her nail doesn't move.She looks so miserable and sad with it!My poor baby!

"You see?It HURTS!"

crystalclear1027

The same thing happened to our lab, blood everywhere, broke in the skin, so we washed with wound care wash, squeezed alot of neosporin with pain relief in it wrapped in gauze and taped it tight enough so it wouldn't fall off. It takes a long time to heal, which we treated her twice a day and went through alot of gauze and neosporin.

CaseyKC

Poor,poor baby! She has the "I feel miserable and sad" look down perfectly. I'll bet it hurts so much. Maybe you should soak her paw in warm salt water on a daily basis before putting ointment and a clean bandage on.

Hunter's Parade

She no longer has that bandage.I putted it on just to stop the bleeding.Now I just clean it twice a day,as it's pretty hard to make that bandage stay on her paw.

Nell

Aww bless her, I hope it heals quickly. It must have hurt so she is a very good girl to let you clean and bandage it.