Mini Dachshunds in need of a good home

rbnprov

Hi. i love Dachshunds! We have four :) Mini Dachshunds. One of our girls just had her second litter. We are going to take them a local pet store on Friday. i really don't want to do that, because i want to pick out their families. So if anyone know anyone whom lives in Utah or is willing to travel to Utah, please contact me. :) [email protected] or 435 657 1343 Thank you so much! Also if anyone knows where i could post them to sell them it would be much appreciated.

vizzla

Then why do you take them to a pet store?! Keep them at home and choose good homes instead.

HilyBee

Sounds fishy to me. If you are allowing your doxie to get pregnant/breeding it should be your responsibility to find the pups a new home. Maybe it's time to get your girl spayed and stop breeding if you can't find the pups new homes on your own time.

If you mean dropping them off to a pet store, as in leaving them to be sold by the store...

Consider the life you are giving them by taking them to a pet store where they are locked in cages that are usually too small, poorly ventilated and poorly cleaned. Plus they aren't getting the one-on-one treatment they should be at such a young age to become healthy, happy dogs.

I know you said you don't want to take them to the pet store, but you should have thought about what to do with the puppies before she actually had them. The pet store shouldn't be an option in your mind if you want to be a reputable breeder, not a puppy mill.

rbnprov

The first batch was on purpose. This second one was a surprise. Our dog went into heat. She was outside using the potty when the neighbor's Dachshund came into our yard and attached itself to her. :-/ We have too many dogs. And the first batch, we had most of them until they were four months. The pet store we are taking them too is really nice. It is a locally owned operated. They are really awesome. i'd rather pick out the parents, but the pet store usually finds home for the puppies quick.

vizzla

In sweden we have abortionpills if an accident happens. If you let the dog have her puppies you are responsible to giving them a good home. I hope you find a good home for all of them. Would be so sad if they ended up somehere bad!

Good luck.

koshka

Super Moderator
The first batch was on purpose. This second one was a surprise. Our dog went into heat. She was outside using the potty when the neighbor's Dachshund came into our yard and attached itself to her. :-/ We have too many dogs. And the first batch, we had most of them until they were four months. The pet store we are taking them too is really nice. It is a locally owned operated. They are really awesome. i'd rather pick out the parents, but the pet store usually finds home for the puppies quick.
Hi, are the puppies gone or do you still have them...I know of a couple of sites that can advertise them .... Daschund Friendly, support rescues etc. Let me know. I would rather see them go to good homes where you have control of who gets them. -Leanna, Site Moderators Wife.

dachshundlover1

Same here

I have two of them. Sometime i feel i can live without them.. They become so close to me.. I wish my future husband is also a dachshund lover :):p