Laser Therapy

Dino

My dachshund is 12 years old and about 4 weeks ago his back legs stopped working. He was put on an IV for three days and was pumped full of steroids and anti inflammatory drugs. He was worse after picking him up from the vet.

A week later someone recommended k laser therapy. The closest vet that does this treatment is over an hour away. He had his sixth treatment today and has regained feeling in both his hind feet. He still cannot walk but he is soooo much better.

Has anyone had this treatment done to their dachshund before?

Penny

We had laser and acupuncture treatments together.
Are you crating your dachshund? They must be under strict crate rest.
Please visit dodgerslist if you haven't yet. It is an on line support group for people dealing with doxies with spinal cord injuries.

Best wishes, and hoping you see a full recovery!

Georgia with her acupuncture..

Dino

Yes, his movement is limited. We do carry him out to use the bathroom. He does have control of those things and he can wag his tail.

I am pleased with the laser treatments so far. They have given him back his personality and taken the pain away. I am amazed. I purchased 6 more treatments today and am hoping by the end of those, he will be able to walk.

He seems happy, but so badly wants to walk.

Penny

Oh very good! You're very fortunate!
Are you using a sling to support his back end when he's out to potty? It helps so much.

Nell

So pleased to hear your little fella is on the mend! it sounds like the laser is working well, it is so awful when they are in pain.

Good luck and fingers crossed for a full recovery.

jarredfeet

So sorry to hear about your doxie, just glad the treatment is working. Sending more healing vibes for his full recovery.

dhl1957

My dachshund is 12 years old and about 4 weeks ago his back legs stopped working. He was put on an IV for three days and was pumped full of steroids and anti inflammatory drugs. He was worse after picking him up from the vet.

A week later someone recommended k laser therapy. The closest vet that does this treatment is over an hour away. He had his sixth treatment today and has regained feeling in both his hind feet. He still cannot walk but he is soooo much better.

Has anyone had this treatment done to their dachshund before?
Yes, my doxie has had laser and acupunture. This was combined with strict crate rest (harder on me than him!), picking him up to go outside and leashing him, no walks, and a bit of Western medicine such as Tramadol and Prednisone. He is much better. This takes time, so be patient and you and your precious will be rewarded!