Jumpers....

Nell

Hi everyone, I haven't been on this site for some time as there have been a few changes in my life but am pleased to say I now have another sausage, a wire girl Mabel! and have started a new hobby making hand knit jumpers for Dachshunds! Here are a few I have done so far, if anyone is interested please visit my Facebook page CosyDax and put in a request to join us, I am happy to post them internationally (I am in the UK), hope to catch up with you all again soon and will be adding some more pics of my new girl! x

Attachments

CaseyKC

Beautiful sweaters and beautiful babies. I love the lavender cable knit. I typed in CosyDax on Facebook, but the message was "no results." Is the black and tan wire, Mabel, your new one? How did you happen to get her? She is precious.

Penny

What an excellent job you've done! I've seen so many sweaters where the doxie's keel is sticking out the neck hole. Love the artistic flair! Lovely!

Hope there are more pics coming!

Nell

Yes Casey, Mabel is my new wire. She is twelve months now and has fitted in brilliantly. I actually think it is easier with three, as I can always take one with me and no one is home alone lol! we rotate now! I have also in the last couple of weeks rescued a kitten, who also thinks she is a dachshund, spot the intruder lol!.....

Attachments

CaseyKC

I love wire hair dachshunds. We got one in the early seventies to be a companion to the dachshund we already had. (That is a story in itself.) Since we were stationed in Germany at the time, our first dachshund was named Pfennig (a coin in the Deutsche Mark monetary system used before the Euro was adopted, sort of like a penny in the US system,) we named our little wire guy "Mark." (Turned out that in the German language, Pfennig is a masculine noun and Mark if a feminine noun.) This confused a lot of my German neighbors. I had to learn how to hand strip his coat to keep him looking well groomed. German people I met on the street while walking Mark and Pfennig would stop and chat and would not hesitate to tell me he needed grooming. Hand stripping is quite a chore, but I took lessons and did it until we returned to the States after our tour of duty was over in Germany. Then I allowed his coat to grow out "au naturel" with an occasional eyebrow, mustache, or ear trim to keep food from sticking to these areas.