Jordan and Laila

Laila_2009

Hey everyone, my name is Jordan and I have a 16-month-old miniature dachshund named Laila. She is absolutely my world without a doubt. I got her when she was just 3 days old because her mom was sick and the other pups had all died. I had to bottle feed her and raise her from that time on and because of that she is very close and dear to my heart. I feel so lucky that she made it and is now a healthy dog.

She is definitely my most favorite breed out of all the other breeds. She is extremely smart and playful, but she is also one of the most stubborn dogs I've ever had. She likes when I hide toys from her so she can sniff them out with her nose and she would much rather play then get treats.

Anyway, I am happy to have found a forum that also realizes how amazing these dogs are. :)

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Welcome Jordan and Laila!!! She sounds absolutely lovely! As I type this, Mouse, my first little Dachund is trying to get under my laptop... it's warm! with Boo, my other little Dachshund snuggled in alongside :) Both my Doxies are deaf and sight impaired Shorthaird Black and Tan Double Dapple Miniature Dachshunds... quite a title they have for such tiny dogs! they join Scout, another deaf dog, tho her vision is perfect, and Zoe and Oliver, my two token hearing dogs. All 5 are rescues, all different shapes and sizes, with Mouse being my smallest at 8.5lbs, and Oliver being my biggest, at 38lbs. ANd all have issues, whether behavioural, or physical or both... they're the best teachers in the world!

That was quite an undertaking raising a 3 day old baby by hand, she must be extra bonded to you!

Laila_2009

Laila at 3 days old.

Laila at 3 weeks old.

8-9 weeks old.

Four months.

Eight months.

Most recent. She is now almost a year and a half old.

Sorry if that is a lot of pictures haha.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
She is just adorable!!! What a cute little baby she was! I adopted Mouse at 5 months old... she didn't really look like a puppy anymore. though at 2 now, people still think she's a puppy!

gpmum2

Aww what gorgeous pictures.

Although I have had lots of dogs, Bernie is my first mini wire. I had a a smile when you mentioned Leila could be stubborn.

I am having the worst time ever getting Bernie toilet trained, at 10 months he is still hopeless if I go out..otherwise there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel when I am in.

So far fingers crossed he has been a complete star when out walking comes back everytime he is called..seeing he is a hound I am impressed. I hope it continues.

Anyway welcome to this friendly forum.

Laila_2009

Thanks guys, she is definitely a big part of my life and I of course think she is beautiful lol.

And yeah, she is very stubborn. She is still so stubborn on a number of things. I actually took her through and 8 week puppy training course, but some things never change. She is pretty good with potty training, but she still likes to leave me presents. She is also one of the most noisy dogs I have ever had and loves defending the house.

She is an excellent walker though. She is always right at my side. She actually pulled her head out of the collar one time I was walking her and she just stopped and stared at me until I put it back on. It's nice to not have a runner, but I think it is most likely because she is so attached.