Jack is cocking his leg on me !!!!

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
Just recently Jack has started to cock his leg up against me .....

we went to the beach recently and he tiddled on my twice, cocking his leg against mine and wetting my jeans, once filling my shoe !

he's done it when we've gone to the woods too and at home when weve been in the garden....

is there a reason ?!?!?! does it mean anything ?!?!?! im a bit baffled as to why he has suddenly started doing this and it only seems to be on me lol

any advice/help/ welcome thank you xxxx

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
The dominance theory would suggest he's claiming you... I dont believe in the dominance theory, as a rule, but it could still be an accurate assumption in this case, not that I'd recommend alpha rolls to get him to stop!

in this case, I'd keep an eagle eye on him, use an interrupter if he starts to lift his leg (a firm "ah") then move away, it should go away if he's never allowed to do it.

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
thank you Deafdogs x

he doesnt do it all the time just when were out on walks in the woods or at the beach more often than not xx

gpmum2

Susan I haven't any idea why he should be doing this, but could he be slightly nervous out in the open and not on his home territory and knows you will look after him...

I think I would give him a firm no! Hopefully he will stop!

I remember my Beagle, Bertie did this to a stranger who stopped to speak to us about him. We had been chatting for a while & the stranger did have brown trousers on, I think he thought his leg was a tree! Only did it the once and I couldn't bring myself to tell the stranger what had happened :eek:

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
Susan I haven't any idea why he should be doing this, but could he be slightly nervous out in the open and not on his home territory and knows you will look after him...

I think I would give him a firm no! Hopefully he will stop!

I remember my Beagle, Bertie did this to a stranger who stopped to speak to us about him. We had been chatting for a while & the stranger did have brown trousers on, I think he thought his leg was a tree! Only did it the once and I couldn't bring myself to tell the stranger what had happened :eek:

Someone else said to me he was marking his territory ( me ) to let others no i belonged to him Karen x

Oh bless Karen that made me smile ! x