Introducing Ollie

dgc333

A couple of months back I posted that we had lost our Doxie Oscar to cancer. My wife and I thought we would wait awhile before getting another dog but I was missing Oscar big time and our terrier mix was getting real needy without his buddy so we decided to adopt another Dachshund.

We found a little cutey with the Dachshund Rescue of North America and applied to adopt. We were accepted and the great folks in DRNA car pooled Ollie from SC to CT where we picked him up.

Ollie has been with us for a month now and has been a total joy. Frazer (our terrier) is back to his old self and the two if them are best buddies.

Ollie came with his own special trick for begging.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353436334.625566.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353436392.341560.jpg

garyd

It sounds like the classic "I thought I was rescuing him, but he rescued me" story! Congratulations to you all!

Doxmom

Ollie is adorable and it looks like he fits right in! Those rescue groups do wonderful work.

Have you got a thing for 'O' names (Oscar, Ollie)? All of our pets through the years have names that start with a 'B'. Don't ask me why - it just happened that way, and we've kept it going..

Congrats on the new addition!

dgc333

When we adopted Oscar the rescue group had named him Gunner. That just didn't fit and I could resist Oscar Meyer the Wiener Dog. The rescue had given Ollie the name and it just fit him perfectly so we are keeping it. We call him Ollie Wally.

The rescue had named our terrier Frazer so Frazer Crane it is. Frazer is quite famous on the South Eastern Mass car show seen. He rides shotgun in my 68 Barracuda to all the shows and cruises. People are more excited to see him arrive than me and my Barracuda is referred to as Frazer's car.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353496806.600537.jpg

Over the last 40 years I have had a Bart, Rudi, Halo, another Ollie, LT and a Bobby. So no specific thing for O names.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353496915.947076.jpg

Attachments

Penny

How's everything going with Ollie these days and over the Christmas holidays? Looking for a great update and hearing what mischief he's gotten into. lol