Hi!

Olivers_mom

I'm new to the forum. I have a 2 yr old long haired mini named Oliver. I am pregnant and I want to see if anyone has any experience with introducing a Dachshund to a new baby.

Thanks! :)

Nell

Hi and welcome from the UK!

Congratulations on the baby, I haven't had to introduce a baby to a dachshund but have introduced other dogs to babies. The main thing is to make sure it is a positive experience for the dog so whatever is their best thing (food / toy etc) needs to appear every time they are around the baby, babies appearance will then be associated with fun!

If you have been used to having your dog on your lap a lot, and then need to nurse the baby make sure special treats (a chew or bone) are given on the floor to occupy your pup while you get a chance to cuddle the baby. Dachshunds are very bright, they can soon feel pushed out and resentful so it just needs a bit of careful planning and your dog will think the baby is the best thing since sliced bread!! good luck and let us know what you have!

zaniitee9

Hi and congratulations on baby!
I don't have any experience about dogs and babies, so I can't be useful in that, but wish u the best luck! :)