Hi from Florida!!!

Karen

Hello everyone :)
My name is Karen and my husband and I are a few steps away from getting a cute lil dachshund!! We have 3 Persian cats now who are our babies. Hubby wasn't a cat person at all ...until he met me :D. He grew up with a dachshund and has really wanted one for awhile.
I'm headed over to check out the rest of the forum. Please forgive me if I bombard you all with questions!!

Nell

Hi and welcome from the UK!

How exciting! do you know yet what you are going to get boy / girl, short hair, wire or long hair?

Karen

He Nell! Thanks!
The one we are looking at is a smooth ,reverse dapple boy :) He is 4 weeks old
He is located in Florida so I am very happy that we will be able to pick him up and check out where he comes from. Just a little nervous over putting a deposit on him when we won't be able to check that out first so I'm trying to look into everything on the breeder and go from here :)

Penny

Dachshunds are one of the most cuddliest of breeds. Mind you, I'm in Canada and not Florida, so you'll have to let me know if it's true in a warm climate. lol

Looking forward to lots of puppy photos!

Nell

He sounds lovely Karen. What is a "reverse" dapple, we have dapples here but I haven't heard of this?

Getting a new dachshund baby is almost the most exciting thing in the world, they are all little characters who give you years of fun and love. Your life will never be the same.....but you will never regret it, good luck!